Welcome to ExoticA
Turrican Soundtrack Anthology early download version
Wednesday, 27 November 2013
Emails have gone out to backers of Chris Hülsbeck's Turrican Soundtrack Anthology Kickstarter project, with download links for all 4 CD's as FLAC, mp3 and other formats. The email contained the message:
A lot of work has gone into this, and the music is excellent. Hopefully backers will also receive the hard copies soon, but it's great to be able to listen to the music in the meantime. Thanks Chris :)
The Amiga Works is now shipping
Saturday, 12 October 2013
Those that backed Allister Brimble's Kickstarter campaign for his new Album "The Amiga Works" are now receiving their CD's and USB Sticks. For those that missed the opportunity to back the project during the campaign, the album and USB stick as well as the poster (with artwork from Rico Holmes) will be available to purchase from the new official website http://www.amigaworks.com from the 21st October 2013. Received my copy in the post today, and have been listening to it non-stop. You can tell the massive amount of work that has gone into it - it is superb! Thanks Allister :)
- http://www.amigaworks.com - Official site for "The Amiga Works"
High Voltage SID Collection #59
Monday, 22 July 2013
On the 28th June, v59 of the High Voltage SID Collection was released by the HVSC Team. The Exotica mirror and search is now updated to the latest version (A few weeks late). The collection now contains 43,856 SIDs. You can download the complete collection or use the web based search interface to browse and search the collection, as well as stream mp3/ogg recordings on demand. Note that the official page for the HVSC is at http://www.hvsc.de.
New Amiga video game music album - "Paula Agnus Denise"
Tuesday, 7 May 2013
"Paula Agnus Denise - Best of Amiga and CD32 Video Game Music" is a collaborative compilation album released on May 6th, 2013 in CD, download and streaming formats. The album includes a total of 19 tracks which are either remastered, studio versions or remixes of Amiga game music, with five of the recordings being previously unreleased. The album includes the catchy melodies from legendary games such as Speedball 2, Cannon Fodder, Turrican 2, Hired Guns, Battle Squadron and Pinball Dreams. The CD version comes in a Super Jewel Box with a 12-page booklet.
- http://www.010101-music.nl/release/paula-agnus-denise.html - Official Site
- UnExoticA is an collection of music from Amiga games and Demo Scene productions. All files in the collection are presented in the original file formats.
- Modland is a very large, and well organised module archive created and maintained by Daniel Johansson, which contains over 400,000 music modules in more than 300 different formats. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which includes the ability to search and display instrument data, as well as downloading recordings in ogg and mp3 format.
- HVSC is the ultimate SID tune collection featuring over 36,000 popular and requested tunes from the Commodore 64. ExoticA provides a search interface for navigating the collection which allows the searching and display of related data from the SID Tune Information List
- Amiga Game Box Scans is a gallery of high quality scans of Amiga games boxes. There is some really fantastic and memorable artwork here. The scans available in this gallery have also been used to create the Exoticons icon set for Amiga computers. There are also Amiga Utility Box Scans and an Amiga Educational Box Scans areas in development.
- A gallery of game box artwork from Bob Wakelin each one with some comments from Bob about the work and designs.
- Scenery - a guide to the C64 and Amiga demoscene. It has information on releases, parties and groups, and is extremely comprehensive. It's an attempt to cover an important part of digital history, to accurately document things and events that otherwise might be forgotten.
- Amiga Demo Database - An alternative search frontend to the Bitworld demo collection which contains more than 23,000 demo releases. Allows browsing by name, group, type, party and many other advanced search options.
Media and Magazines
- AM/FM - A disk based magazine from the well known Game music composer called Bjørn Lynne (a.k.a. Dr. Awesome) featuring news, reviews, music and audio software.
- Exoticons is an Icon pack for HD installed Amiga Games created from high quality box scans. The most recent version contains 1500 icons and comes in a version for NewIcons and OS3.5/3.9.
- Alien Breed Tower Assault Movies - the complete intro and outro movies for this classic CD³² game converted from from CDXL. Includes humorous overview of main story with screenshots and comments.
- Lost In Translation is an attempt to show how well arcade games and movies survived the conversion process to the home computer or console - and vice versa!
- Visit the ExoticA Forum to discuss and chat with other users. Note that as the wiki and forum use different software you will need to make an additional account to post to the forum.
Wiki Dumps and Files
- Textual Content as XML - Directory Listing - For preservation purposes and to make the content fully available to the public, daily dumps of the site as XML are available for download. The xml also contains complete revision history of each page and we have the last three months online for download.
- Wiki based graphics - Directory Listing - The graphical content of the wiki is also available from the ftp and is dumped every so often. Note that many of the images may be copyrighted, and some are licensed specifically for ExoticA. Please check before using.
- File archive - Directory Listing - The rest of the sites files are available from FTP - excluding a few collections like Modland which are listed on the Modland page itself.