looking for artist!

For general and site related discussion.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

ewun

looking for artist!

Post by ewun »

hello all,

First off I'm a HUGE amiga nerd, growing up in the late 80's and early 90's I played a lot of games in my basement for hours on end. To this day, I am a fan of the rich graphics, the music, the whole experience really. Later on in life, i've realized that a lot of my artistic sensibility has been heavily influenced by the endless hours zoning away in front of games like shadow of the beast, and turrican, (and music by guys like the bitmap bros!) In the last couple years I started an electronic music project called "kill the noise" www.killnoisekill.com. I've gotten to the point now where I am touring regularly, and have reached a stage in my career where I'd like to start incorporating some visual aspects to my performance. I am looking to get in touch with some artists that might still be animating that 16 bit artwork that inspired me so much growing up. I remember the really cool (crack) intros (and still search for them on youtube) and even went through the painstaking labor of figuring out how to emulate some of these games on my mac. (almost had a aneurism)

I don't wanna overwhelm you with info at this point, just seeing if there was any interest there or if any of you would be so kind to share some links or point me in a direction. Its really cool to see these communities still super active, it's really awesome to see that there were so many people like me that have been so inspired by the amazing art from that era, both audio and visual!

Thanks!
:butt:

XtC

Re: looking for artist!

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure posting here will definitely be a step in the right direction. But if you haven't already, you should also check out the English Amiga Board and BitFellas.

Good luck with your search and maybe if you get lucky you could share some screen shots or photos with us? :)
Cheers!