How do I convert ADF's back to Amiga Floppy disk?

For general and site related discussion.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Fireant

How do I convert ADF's back to Amiga Floppy disk?

Post by Fireant »

I've been trying this for ages and it's to no avil. I want to put ADF's from my p.c back on to Amiga floppy and run them on my A600. I have loads of real amiga games but in time they could no longer work :cry: emulators are ok but not all games run on them and u carn't beat playing on a real amiga. Has anybody done this and can help me through the process.

kyz

Re: How do I convert ADF's back to Amiga Floppy disk?

Post by kyz »

Fireant wrote:I've been trying this for ages and it's to no avil. I want to put ADF's from my p.c back on to Amiga floppy and run them on my A600. I have loads of real amiga games but in time they could no longer work :cry: emulators are ok but not all games run on them and u carn't beat playing on a real amiga. Has anybody done this and can help me through the process.
There are a number of options.

1. Buy a catweasel and an external floppy drive -- your PC can then write amiga disks.

2. buy a serial link cable or some other networking solution to link the amiga and pc. use transfer software to copy the adfs (break them up into parts if you have only 1mb ram on the amiga) and use a tool like transadf or transdisk to write the disks back to the floppy drive

3. break your ADFs into halves (at least) and copy them onto pc formatted 720k (double density, not high density) floppy disks. on the amiga, mount the PC0 drive and copy from the floppies to ram, then write the parts to an amiga disk.

for the latter two solutions, your adfs must be unpacked, i.e. 902110 (or whatever the right number is) bytes long.

KeMoT

Post by KeMoT »

Format Amiga diskette in PC0 on Amiga, take it to PC, there zip your ADF file to make it less than 900kb, write it to the disk, take it to your Amiga, write it to HD, unzip it and use ADF2DISK program to save it back to Amiga diskette.

Both programs ( unzip and ADF2DISK ) can be found on aminet.