weird scary spooky stuff ..

For general and site related discussion.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

BuZz
Site Admin

weird scary spooky stuff ..

Post by BuZz »

ok well..

this thing happened..

i posted it on another forum.. but you must read it too..

"the most weird spooky shit in the world ever" just happened to me..
its so fucking weird.... i basically feel spooky.. hence the subject..

let me explain..

first i am a bit drunk.. which made the whole thing seem weirder... so please excuse bad english/typing and so on.

first some background information which will come into play in a minute:

i for some time have been on the amiga demo scene. and i know a few people here and there including a girl who is the girlfriend of a sysop of an old amiga scene bbs which has been running for years. i have spoken to her a couple of times in the past.. i think she lives in switzerland or something.. the bbs is on telnet now so i forget these details. but anyway.
this girl. she speaks french, and she is a scener and does graphics and so on for the amiga scene.. and she even entered a logo into my website compo a while back :- (see her entry under clary)

http://exotica.fix.no/gallery/competition/index.html

ok.. so whats spooky/weird.. well let me explain.

I'd just got home from a night out with marky, and some other friends, and I log on to the opodo.co.uk website to try and book a flight i had trouble booking earlier... i still couldnt confirm the booking.. so i called the english opodo phoneline.

ring.. ring. (Im trying to add something to the story :-) )

a french girl answers.. (dont jump to conclusions.. i mean. what are the chances??)

i explain to this girl, im trying to book a flight.. and im having trouble.. its a bad line, and although i can hear her well, she is having trouble. so im reading out my email address. .. eventually she pulls up my account and says.. "you are exobuzz"

Me: "yes"

"i think i know you"

"sorry. what ?"

"you are an amiga user?"

"huh? what? ehm? *feeling like odd*.. what did you say ?"

"Amiga"

"erhm.... what .. Amiga..????" (bearing in mind the drunk i have had)

"Yes.."

[edit] between these 2 parts of dialogue ther was about 10 mins of "ehm. err. hmm wait a minute. ehm. hmm errr. who? hhmmm err.. then ." "who do you know me.. .wait. errr. err hmm " [/edit]

"Erm. shit yes. erm..... wait. ok. .. im confused.... you know a website called exotica?"

"yes..." (she was suprised and confused as much as me im sure. but i was so busy thinking "wtf" at this point my reproduction of her dialogue is very general)

"oh fucking hell. shit... *and lots of other words*..."

in fact after this point im not sure what i said. it was weird. i looked round my room for cameras.. though i was part of some prank. but would you believe it..

It turns out... For one night the french part of opodo is taking the english calls... i happen to call. and clary happens to work for opodo in paris... would you fucking believe that.. scuse my language. totally crazy. i cant belive it now. my head is buzzing. its so weird.. im on the phone to her for like 40 mins. most of it either laughing histerically or saying "this is crazy.. this is too mad.. i cant belive this"

well i still bloody cant!!!

what are the chances? her working for them. me using them. me phoning them.. etc etc..

fuckit

im going to buy a lottery ticket.

XtC

Re: weird scary spooky stuff ..

Post by XtC »

BuZz wrote:what are the chances? her working for them. me using them. me phoning them.. etc etc..
The chances are about the same as you updating ExoticA! :twisted:

Still, there's probably some material in your story that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of "The Twilight Zone" or "The X-Files". :wink: