modland

For general and site related discussion.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

asle

modland

Post by asle »

(this message is public because I believe it might be insterresting for others than me).

Hey Coma,

A quick question. Are you open to updates ?. I mean updating some files you already have, but STK converted to PTK or the like. If so, how may I submit these ?.

Kind regards.
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Coma

Post by Coma »

Of course! I have many old modules that have been resaved in Protracker, but I always try to get the most original version of all modules. Every time someone uploads a module which is already present, I compare them to see which one seems to be closer to the original. First priority is the format, second priority is the sample texts (preferring a list of ST-01-samples or whatever the composer left in there originally before "ripped by megaboy of supercrew"). So just upload anything you can find...

asle

Post by asle »

Ok, for the updates, then. But, do you want a given kind of upload, like a side text file explaining it's an update, and so on ?.

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Coma

Post by Coma »

That's a nice bonus but not really necessary as I already compare everything. I'd appreciate a notice if I for example have bad versions of the modules in the "unknown" folder, while the uploaded ones have correct author info, to minimize the risk that I miss deleting the old ones.

asle

Post by asle »

To be honest, it's not really about these -unknown- files (I sent infos via e-mail several times and will continue). No, here, it's really about correctly stored files, but truncated, converted or with extra data.
So thanks for clarifying this.

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux