AAAAAAAARH!

Discussion related to development of the new wiki based site. Post here idea, improvements, and talk regarding the structure and content.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Muerto

AAAAAAAARH!

Post by Muerto »

i tried to update this section, but some stupid error keep comming........

http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Lost_In_ ... ble_Bobble

look for the sticker image (under the BB flyer) - uploaded it 3 times, but it says this: Error creating thumbnail: /home/www/www.exotica.org.uk/site/mediawiki/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

what did i do wrong?...
-- you cant escape Muerto --

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: AAAAAAAARH!

Post by BuZz »

Nothing. I upgraded the server last night. Was missing imagemagick. Sorry about that. I wanted to move to graphicsmagick, but there are some mediawiki incompatibilities.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

ok, but do i have to upload the image again or is it fixing itself when you go back to imagemagick??

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

It is fixed now. Thanks for the contribution. Only the thumbnail generation was not working.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I see you uploaded anothe copy of the image. But I don't see the difference - it looks the same?

Also, when naming images it helps to give it a more descriptive/unique name, so for example "bubble bobble (sticker)" rather than just sticker. Also if you do have a new version of a file, you can upload a new revision for the file rather than a new filename. (changing filenames is done usually when the old name was not as intended for example)

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

he reason i uploadet it again after you wrote last time, was that it dod´nt show the thombnail.

I dont how to edit the image database, so can´t you delete the two images i uploadet first, and edit the name to Bubble Bobble Sticker?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I meant the thumbnail generation was broken. I fixed it and everything was ok. No need to reupload. It is better to fix names on the initial upload, so I was just informing you for future reference. I will fix this of course.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

excellent! - thanks