lone slonono

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

cf

lone slonono

Post by cf »

in 1990, a friend give me 3 mods called "iris1.mod", "iris2.mod", "iris3.mod". they was my first mods used with NoiseTracker. But I lost these mods, and since many years, I'm searching about these iris.mod, never found.

and today, I found "Iris MusicDisk 1" on amigascne...and YES! they are THE mods :D

I remember that Lone Slonono post a little message on my guestbook in 2002, because I had put on my site 4 packs of mods called "ZISC" by him.

so, is it because of "rip" that there is only 1 mod on AMP ?

else I re-ripped the mods here

and the ZISC disks seems to be nowhere

asle

Post by asle »

AMP, well, what to say ?. First, it's not a rip problem as today's tools grants 'ripper' status to anyone who wish to click. That goes for about 80% of the musics anyway, I guess. No, those musics are not on AMP simply because neither Crown nor Curtcool have those in their collection in the first place. Also, they don't seem to be very interrested by antic stuff like that. Since the time I'm in the project, I've replaced a lot of converted STK (to PTK) balancing the lack of interrest in preciseness (if the word exists ;). Anyway, a lot of old files on AMP are either composers dumps or general collection in bad state. If you take Karsten Obarski, for example, all the available STK are not even saved in the CD collection. I've replaced the PTK by rips of mine, overstepping the "burn on CD prior to upload" rule. Done this because AMP claims to be accurate ... .
Now, saying this, don't forget also that AMP is big. Certainly not as big as Modland, right, but Coma cheated a lot by putting online a lot of formats we don't support (Hi chief :). So, this big project can't be managed very easily. The choice was made right at the beginning to dump everything and then do the sorting ... . Both Crown and Curtcool are really spending a lot of their time in this project, and it would be presomptuous to claim otherwise.
Regarding your files, well, I guess they'll find their way into AMP someday. But note that I'm 3 CD late in the upload process ... so, that won't be tomorrow :(. Oh, well, I guess I should count only two CD since there's one full of Cyborg Jeff shit :roll: .
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Coma

Post by Coma »

8)

asle

Post by asle »

Ok, about the zikdisk, I understand your statement about rip ;). Didn't try to figure out the crypting/packing method however as I did a memory rip. Btw, you missed "mod.ode.to.paula-lone". Anyway, I've updated Kresta's webpage here, and uploaded the musics on Modland. Should be available soon I guess :D .

Cya
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Coma

Post by Coma »

I actually added them myself yesterday. Except for the Paula one.

asle

Post by asle »

As usual, you're too fast for me ;). Ok, I've added the dlinks to the musics now.

Cya
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Crown

Post by Crown »

Actually we do love ANTICS, proof of that is you being in AMP old'chap. ;)