Covers of Commercial Music in Amiga Games and Demos

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

XtC

Covers of Commercial Music in Amiga Games and Demos

Post by XtC »

kyz wrote:This makes me wonder - what other cover-versions or remixes of popular tunes have you heard in demos?
Red Sector Megademo - A Pointless Breakdown... ;-)

01. Intro - Homage to the Psygnosis' Blood Money intro.

02. Loader - 02:21 minutes into Darius Zendeh's loader music there is a 30 second cover of Jean Michel Jarre's Zoolookologie. If you have the original Jarre version, the same melody is heard 0:27 seconds into the tune.

03. Part 1 - "mod.7rsi rise up" by Romeo Knight begins with Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana. This mod not only uses some of Chris Hülsbeck's R-Type instruments, but also makes use of the snare and bass drum from Cameo's Word Up, the "dum" instrument is taken from a pop song by the "Art of Noise", and the instrument "Itsmagic" is taken and adapted from the film Highlander.

04. Part 2 - Nothing of interest other than the Public Enemy sample taken from "Don't Believe The Hype". Eee those were the days!

05. Part 3 - Nothing to note, other than graphics pinched from Speedball!

06. Insert Disc 2 - Homage to Palace's Barbarian II disk change prompt. Speech by Richard Joseph (scream by BuZz! :grin: )

07. Part 4 - The beginning of this tune is another cover of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.

08. Part 5 - Nothing to note, except press fire on your joystick when asked, "BUT DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING OUT OF HIS PRIVAT LIFE?????" ;-)

09. Credits - Nothing of interest.

10. Guestbook - The sound effects played after entering each of your details appear to be taken from "I'm The Man" by Antrhax!

:shock:
Cheers!

Wea

Post by Wea »

One funny point here may be that Dr. Awesome's "Tranze Seven" was using the drums and groove from "Sadeness" by Enigma. :P

menace

Post by menace »

XtC: Mind if I cut'n'paste this into scenery? Proper credits will be given, of course...

XtC

Post by XtC »

menace wrote:XtC: Mind if I cut'n'pate this into scenery? Proper credits
will be given, of course...
Feel free. Glad to hear its useful! ;-)