help-me with extacting pattern data

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

torvus

help-me with extacting pattern data

Post by torvus »

i dont have any idea how can i extract patten data(on pc) from ruff n tumble and other vectordean music(uridium,chaos engine).
i need it because i want to make remixes and eventulualy i want to play some musics from ruff n tumble with my forming chip-metal band.
so if is there some1 who can help me by converting ruff to .mod i would be wery wery WERY happy. :butt2: :bow:
ps:i seached for some conversions for years

cf

Post by cf »

this format is also known as RJP format (Richard Joseph)

http://dev.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Richard_ ... _format%29

download description format here :
http://amore68k.netfirms.com/

perhaps you can compare the original format with some mod versions
http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detai ... &view=6239

torvus

Post by torvus »

thanks 8) but i dont need to rip it(because it has been aleady ripped many times)
but i need some1 who can convert the .rjp rip(or .ins .sng rip) into .mod or .xm

cf

Post by cf »

I never talked about Rip, but about the Format Description of sng for custom to mod convertion.

perhaps Asle could make a converter... I don't know if it's possible.
(or if I have time, I could try...)

torvus

Post by torvus »

sorry i misunderstood
cf wrote: or if I have time, I could try...
if you would be so kind...

i see that there isnt any other option than some one must progam the converter and i dont have enough skillz to do that :cry:

on second thought some1 have done it allready because there are some conversinons like uridim2 loader mod by dreamfish...

asle

Post by asle »

Don't know if it's possible ... and I guess it's more than pattern data, too. Wouldn't do much good to have a PTK compatible pattern without the sounds to which it refers. So that means creating a PTK from a Vectordean.
I'll have a look and let you know if it's possible on my side. I got some pb with spare time too, though :(

Sylvain

Ah, and there's no public conversion tool. Dreamfish wrote with what he heard ... .
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

torvus

Post by torvus »

asle wrote:I guess it's more than pattern data, too. Wouldn't do much good to have a PTK compatible pattern without the sounds to which it refers..
i forgot to tell that i was able to get the samples with winuae built in ripper
asle wrote:So that means creating a PTK from a Vectordean
of course this would be better than just guessing samples
asle wrote:I'll have a look and let you know if it's possible on my side.
i thank you in advance(i hope it is possible)
asle wrote:I got some pb with spare time too, though :(
too bad :(
asle wrote:Ah, and there's no public conversion tool. Dreamfish wrote with what he heard ... .
WOW. btw here is what the pattern data says:

Code: Select all

* Original Format: * TrackerPacker2/3 *Ripped'n'Converted wiz Pro-Wizard 2.16 written by Gryzor!
but i asume that he has whritten it for some demo and somebody has ripped it from it so there is no need to talk about it any more..

torvus

HELP

Post by torvus »

@asle : how is it with your spare time now?
@all: can some one find for me old .RJP editor (tracker) for amiga(or pc :evil:)? i found it as last option -> to rwrite it note by note
or does some one have recent e-mail adress of some cretator of verctordean format/editor?