Corrupted tunes in Exotica.

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Pero-Fotar

Corrupted tunes in Exotica.

Post by Pero-Fotar »

Hei!

I download few times mod file Ray Norrish-Blood Money and notice that this mod file is corrupted. The sound in this mod file in some locations starts to skip and break on my deliplayer.

BTW. The Arkanoid-The revenge of doh custom have some tones more than the original song. I mean that in some part of the song some tones act like some strange delay. The same problem was also in rick dangerous custom file, but now the sound is ok in core design version. Listen both versions and you will hear the difference.

Oakvalley

Post by Oakvalley »

It might be because the modules are OLDSoundtracker/Soundtracker15 modules. But, anyway there was a D00 command at pattern 5 causing it to skip to the next pattern when playing it on real amigas and delitracker for pc, and even in ModPlug tracker for pc it skipped. This is probably skipped in the replayer for the actual game.

I fixed it and converted them to regular ProTracker modules.

Fix is available here:
http://www.stone-oakvalley-studios.com/ ... _Money.zip

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I will look into this. As I mentioned on another thread, we won't replace the soundtracker file with a protracker version, but will attempt to fix the original.

Thanks for the information.

Fraggie

Post by Fraggie »

BuZz wrote:I will look into this. As I mentioned on another thread, we won't replace the soundtracker file with a protracker version, but will attempt to fix the original.

Thanks for the information.
Don't "fix" anything. It's probably allright. Command Dxx was Volume Slide in the early Soundtracker series (since Soundtracker II by TJC). In Soundtracker version 2.0 Unknown/DOC changed it to pattern break and moved volume slide to effect Axx. So it's the players' fault just being incompatible with Soundtracker songs prior to version 2.0.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Yes, thanks. I was going to check by loading the file into the original tracker. If it really can't be played though by any delitracker player, it might be worth us including a converted/hacked version also. I haven't had time to look into this yet.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
BuZz wrote:I haven't had time to look into this yet.
Story of your life eh? :wink:
Cheers!