Monkey Island 2 music as OGG Vorbis?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Yeah, but the Amiga credits are directly converted from the PC version :)

For my sanity's sake, I need to run the game again on my Miggy. But last time I checked on UAE, it was just like I remembered it: there was no iMuse feature at all. No dynamic Woodtick, no dynamic voodoo swamp. Could you provide a record of those parts as well?

Jason

Post by Jason »

XtC wrote:No and no. :cry:

You can possibly rip midi files from the Amiga version (I think someone did once), but then how do you get it to play using the instrument set used by the game...?
Ripping the music is easy. Just use SCRUMMrev for Windows =) It takes care of the encryption/scrambling on both the Windows and Amiga version, and it rips all the graphics and rooms as well =)

Although it is not easy to find anymore on the the net, so I have uploaded it here. Please spread and host the files it possible =)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/60urwa

Thanks for uploading the ogg Monkey Music, but I get a Forbidden, when I try to download them...

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Jason wrote:Ripping the music is easy. Just use SCRUMMrev for Windows =) It takes care of the encryption/scrambling on both the Windows and Amiga version, and it rips all the graphics and rooms as well =)
Aye, I remember that software.

So now you've ripped the music from the game, you'll notice it's in MIDI format. The Amiga version provided it's own instrument set (due to lack of MIDI support) and played the samples out of the next available sound channel, and so sounded a bit strange if you listened to it in stereo.

So you've got the music data, but you won't have the instruments it needs to make it sound like the Amiga version...

Jason wrote:Although it is not easy to find anymore on the the net, so I have uploaded it here. Please spread and host the files it possible =)
Is it not still available from MixNMojo? Or has that site gone now?

Jason wrote:Thanks for uploading the ogg Monkey Music, but I get a Forbidden, when I try to download them...
That would be BuZz's fault. He's been moving things around. Perhaps he can provide the new path...
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

They are there but you can't list the folder contents. Grab them from ftp ftp://ftp.exotica.org.uk/pub/exotica

Jason

Post by Jason »

XtC wrote:Aye, I remember that software.

So now you've ripped the music from the game, you'll notice it's in MIDI format. The Amiga version provided it's own instrument set (due to lack of MIDI support) and played the samples out of the next available sound channel, and so sounded a bit strange if you listened to it in stereo.

So you've got the music data, but you won't have the instruments it needs to make it sound like the Amiga version...
Actually the instruments are in separate files on the Amiga disks, not scrambled or crunched. But we still need the replayer...

I don't know how ScummVM.sf.net works, but perhaps the replayer can be located by looking at their C code?

Although it is not easy to find anymore on the the net, so I have uploaded it here. Please spread and host the files it possible =)
Is it not still available from MixNMojo? Or has that site gone now?
I haven't checked lately, but the last time I checked the links were dead, so I browsed many forums for an active link.

Jason

Post by Jason »

BuZz wrote:They are there but you can't list the folder contents. Grab them from ftp ftp://ftp.exotica.org.uk/pub/exotica
That's one damn fast server!!!

Thanks for the music! The versions that can be downloaded from the Monkey Island sites, have a MSN buddy leaving sound in the middle, that for some reason no one (?) have noticed.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Actually i have ftp speed limited to only 250kb/second, so not all that fast :)