ST songs repaired?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

dionisis

ST songs repaired?

Post by dionisis »

I recently transformed some old ST (sound tracker) song discs of my music to adf. Two of them could not get started. I copied a working disc with adf opus and transfered the files to it. In one case that worked. In the other case, when I click to load a song, the program halts forever. Is there a way to repair these songs? I believe there is content in them. Adf opus shows a normal size for the files, and by opening them on notepad I see there is data in there. If I could open them without geting these @$%£$&* symbols, maybe I could fix the problems. Or is there another way? Please help me! Thank you!
Dionisis.

P.S. 1 The above mentioned disc was damaged. Still, the song files were retrived. But by copying them to a good format song disc (ST-00 disc) I thought they should work.

P.S. 2 I would gladly send the adf file to anyone who believes he can do something about them.