Missing Morph tunes

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Blitz Lunar

Missing Morph tunes

Post by Blitz Lunar »

Hi all! Glad to see a revitalised exotica up and running.

I noticed just recently that the section for Morph is missing a few tracks from the game. I haven't played the game myself, but there is an Amiga Longplay video of it on youtube here. Missing tracks can be heard at 2:09 (Level Intro), 3:07 (Level Complete) and 31:43 (Game Complete.) There may be others not included in the video too - maybe tracks for game over/level failed or something along those lines? All jingles anyway as far as I can tell.

Also, for some reason, the intro to mod.metamorph1 is missing some sounds that can be heard in the video. I tried playing it with BASS for Winamp, XMPlay, ModPlugTracker... the note triggers are definitely there in the module on Channel 2, but produce no sound/seem to be triggering a sample # that doesn't exist as far as I can tell. Curious... might it need reripping?

I love Phillip Nixon's music, so I'm a little obsessed about getting as much of it as I can. :)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll add it to the 'wish list' for further investigation.
Cheers!

Blitz Lunar

Post by Blitz Lunar »

Thanks for sticking this on the wishlist!

As for the other problem with missing sounds in the intro of metamorph1, I fixed it:

http://www.vgmusic.com/~lunar/metamorph1-2.mod

All I had to do was change the instrument values the problematic notes used (from 12 to 13, since instrument 12 was empty for some reason.) No idea why that would happen.

Will you be able to use it? Because I guess it could qualify as being unoriginal/tampered with, now that I did that fix. This is definitely how it's supposed to sound though, as the youtube video proves. So... over to you :D