DeliPlayer2 public beta released

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

deli

DeliPlayer2 public beta released

Post by deli »

We are happy to announce the release of the public beta version of DeliPlayer2, the successor of original multi-format player from the Amiga.
DeliPlayer2 runs on Windows(R) 98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

some features:

- 230 formats supported
- high quality and high authenticity replay of all formats
- up to 32bit 96kHz audio output
- 10 band equalizer, reverb and stereo effects
- crossfading
- Internet radio support (Nectarine !)
- very powerful playlist to maintain your collection or for occasional use
- audio visualization
- skinned user-interface as well as standard system look UI
- sizable and fontsensitive windows

and it is FREE !

You can directly download it here:
http://www.deliplayer.com/dlredir.php?obj=dp2publicbeta

Please also read this article about the beta release:
http://www.deliplayer.com/index.php?frm ... 26/6390713

Please report problems and bugs on our forum:
http://www.deliplayer.com/index.php?frm ... tories.php

Your feedback is welcome !

---
The DeliPlayer team

XtC

Post by XtC »

That's good news indeed! I will download and have a look and listen later.

Will there be any further support for the Amiga version of DeliTracker? It's a shame to let a good program like that go to waste :?:

It would be useful to permanently disable all the built-in players in favour of updated external players, such as Don Adan's Protracker replacement, which handles Protracker and old Soundtracker (15 instrument) MODs more accurately.

If I could only have one amendment to DeliTracker for the Amiga - that would be it.

Cheers,

XtC

manny77

Post by manny77 »

Thank you very much for the inclusion of NEWTRON PACKER in your new DeliPlayer release! I love this music demo that played many time in my old Amiga 500 long time ago! :D

deli

Post by deli »

XtC wrote:Will there be any further support for the Amiga version of DeliTracker? It's a shame to let a good program like that go to waste :?:
Sorry, but we don't have the time to develop two versions, one for the Amiga and one for the PC. Besides, DeliTracker in its current form is a very stable solution for playing mods on the Amiga. We are aware that some things could be improved, but at least the unknown format issues can be solved by using newer players from 3rd party programmers.
XtC wrote:It would be useful to permanently disable all the built-in players in favour of updated external players, such as Don Adan's Protracker replacement, which handles Protracker and old Soundtracker (15 instrument) MODs more accurately.
All inbuilt players of DeliTracker can be disabled by using another (external) player with the same name. Normally this shouldn't be necessary because DeliTracker checks the mods with the external players first. This means if e.g. a 3rd party ProTracker player (which is e.g. named 'ProTrackerNew') recognizes a module, then DeliTracker will use this player for playing back the module, even if that module is also recognized by the internal ProTracker player.

---
The DeliPlayer team

MAD

Post by MAD »

Hoya!

@Deli

Well, Deli is, indeed, an arse-kicking proggy BUT it is not 100% stable!

Sometimes it hangs while loading a module and you have to reboot to get rid of it...

I have heard it was an AOS bug but if it is a Deli bug, you should get rid of it for I know many a people who do not use it because of this.

Be funky

M A D

PS: Anyway, TOO BAD YOU WENT PEECEE!!! Every pc user downloads zillion of gigs of mP3z, so I do not think they give a damn about groovy Amiga mods "Hey! It's no 128000 KBPS and 128 chan! Yuck!"
Truth is not Beauty.
Beauty is not Love.
Love is not Music.
Music is the Best.

Frank ZAPPA, Joe's Garage.

AMIGA
- The Computer with a Soul-

VinceBlood

Deliplayer feedback

Post by VinceBlood »

Cool a simple interface available :)

One thing that is still missing : Deliplayer does not allow to play more than one music in an archive such as lha, zip, etc... so bad because exotica archive is only composed of lha files and we need to extract each archive before play tunes.

MAD

Post by MAD »

Hoya!

@VinceBlood

Wot??!! Exotica, what a sucky site! I NEVER go there!

www.microsoft.com, THAT is a site! ;-)

Be funky

M A D
Truth is not Beauty.
Beauty is not Love.
Love is not Music.
Music is the Best.

Frank ZAPPA, Joe's Garage.

AMIGA
- The Computer with a Soul-

deli

Re: Deliplayer feedback

Post by deli »

VinceBlood wrote: One thing that is still missing : Deliplayer does not allow to play more than one music in an archive such as lha, zip, etc... so bad because exotica archive is only composed of lha files and we need to extract each archive before play tunes.
DeliPlayer can of course play more than one music file from an archive. When you drag&drop an archive on the playlist, DeliPlayer will add all music files in the archive to the playlist. You can then play each module by simply double-clicking on it.

kyz

Re: Deliplayer feedback

Post by kyz »

deli wrote:
VinceBlood wrote: One thing that is still missing : Deliplayer does not allow to play more than one music in an archive such as lha, zip, etc... so bad because exotica archive is only composed of lha files and we need to extract each archive before play tunes.
DeliPlayer can of course play more than one music file from an archive. When you drag&drop an archive on the playlist, DeliPlayer will add all music files in the archive to the playlist. You can then play each module by simply double-clicking on it.
Great, guys, how about supporting this in DeliTracker? We have an excellent new decruncher genie which unpacks a lot more formats than DeliPlayer ever will, but DeliTracker's main code will only accept the Decruncher genie returning it a single tune (it won't let the genie give it the full list of files in the archive) and it won't offer support to players for loading secondary files using the decruncher genie. Or do you recommend we go out and buy a windows PC to fix this problem?

NightShade737

Post by NightShade737 »

And still no Linux support.

On that note, does anyone know a Terminal MOD player? (other than MikMod which wont work with my nForce).

NS

mld

Post by mld »

... for *nix?

for amiga and pc tracker formats:
xmp (http://xmp.sf.net)

for mods and more:
uade (http://ee.tut.fi/~heikki/uade.html)

for TFMX:
TFMX Tools (http://darkstar.tabu.uni-bonn.de/~neo/audio.html)

and there's also a Soundmon player for Linux and Solaris by Brian Postma...

regards,

mld /uade team