UADE Filesystem Rocks

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

BuZz
Site Admin

UADE Filesystem Rocks

Post by BuZz »

Have you tried it ? You can mount a folder which makes all uade playable files "wav" files which you can then play as you wish (and then they get decoded on demand).
You can then for example, share the files and play on another machine, such as a media player. In my case it is excellent to play the files on XBox Media Center.

http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/shd/IMG_4324.JPG

RSI Megademo loader playing

http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/shd/IMG_4329.JPG

showing my xbox

BTW the skin is the mediastream skin which is really lovely!

http://www.vimeo.com/1501354

XtC

Re: UADE Filesystem Rocks

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Does this work with Windows? I'm using XP and would find this VERY useful.
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Nope. You could install a minimal linux distribution in something like virtualbox and run it from there through.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

How easy is it to set-up a minimal Linux distribution and this funky filesystem for a noob (like me)? :roll:
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

XtC wrote:Ey up!

How easy is it to set-up a minimal Linux distribution and this funky filesystem for a noob (like me)? :roll:
That easy huh? :?
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Well, I would have replied but you asked me in a personal mail (which i replied to). It is quite a difficult question to answer too, since what one person considers easy another might not. I think linux these days is reasonably easy. Installing uadefs will involve typing some commands at a prompt. I suggest you have a go with a linux distribution first and have a play. maybe something like opensuse (KDE desktop), kubuntu (KDE), or ubuntu (Gnome), or for a smaller desktop system you could try xubuntu.

There are lots of good linux distributions, and desktop environments (with gnome and kde being the big players).

of course, you don't need a gui at all to run uadefs, and a very small linux distribution like "Damn Small Linux" would suffice, but with no experience of linux, you might find it more difficult.

alexh

Post by alexh »

If anyone has a WD World Edition II NAS drive, I could possibly get UADEFS into the next release if you like?

Worst case show you how to install it up yourself.