Uridium 2 rip (missing tunes)

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

bcass

Uridium 2 rip (missing tunes)

Post by bcass »

Hi everyone. I've been meaning to post about this for a while now (years, actually!). Somthing that's always bothered me about the current Uridium 2 music rip is that there are several tunes missing from it. This can be checked by watching the longplay on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOxA8l5wrk

Could the person who originally ripped this music have a stab at completing the rip? Or maybe someone else with the skills could have a go. It woud be nice to see this great soundtrack finally completed.

XtC

Re: Uridium 2 rip (missing tunes)

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

You very kindly loaned me your original copies of Uridium 2 several years ago to try and perform a complete rip for you. I didn't have much success, sorry.

IIRC, Don Adan has this in his 'to-do' list to investigate. But he does have a big list! :?

I haven't viewed the video clip yet, but Kyzer mentioned a while back that the music becomes corrupt when playing the game from start to finish, and could possibly explain why it doesn't sound like the complete soundtrack has been ripped. :roll:

BTW, at which point in the clip does the missing soundtrack play?

I'm useless at this game, so I'll be trying again with a trained version. I've also got a review version lurking somewhere which might have a slightly different soundtrack...
Cheers!

bcass

Re: Uridium 2 rip (missing tunes)

Post by bcass »

Here are the points in the longplay video where the missing tunes appear:

5:23 - core theme
6:32 - in-game theme
7:56 - in-game theme
10:26 - in-game theme
12:32 - core theme
13:34 - in-game theme
30:54 - core theme
31:58 - in-game theme
44:40 - in-game theme
1:00:23 - in-game theme

And here are some other reference points where they can be heard again:

17:54
20:49
28:39
34:12
46:46
55:24
1:04:17
1:08:05
1:23:27

There might also be a couple of tiny jingles missing too (such as when you lose all your lives). This will need double-checking though.