I'm new, BUT CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!!

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

halo6662004

I'm new, BUT CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!!

Post by halo6662004 »

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and i don't have any idea how big this comunity is or what it's like.

But i thought i'd try to make a good impression and let you all in on this little thing i've done, since i havn't been able to share it with anyone else i know (they all think that any game made more than 5 years ago is complete garbage :roll: ).
But they are wrong!!! haha.

It's just for my own personal amusement really, but if other people like it then that's awesome!!!

Basicly, i'm in the process of converting a whole bunch of amiga game music to mp3 and putting them on the internet for so you can stream or download them wherever you have access to a internet connection.

I don't know if you've heard of ReverbNation before, but it's a music profile site like myspace, but specifically for music i think, i a shit load harder to use, but it lets you upload as many mp3s as you want, provided they are under 8mb each. it also lets you link to youtube videos and shit, its fucking great.

i'm making them into mp3s by using deliplayer to play the mod/mdat/sfx/whatever and using wavepad to record the stereo mix.

sometimes there is a slight loss of low end during normalisation, but this is barely noticable.
and obviously there is going to be some loss in sound quality as i'm encoding them at 128kbps.

but the point is, those tunes are up there for you to listen to anywhere you can get on the internet, like when you don't have your own pc with deliplayer or anything like that. or if you're at work or whatever, you know what i mean. I think it's a good idea anyways.

I'v already put a nice few up, and i'm gonna continue to put them up.

but if you want something putting up there, just let me know and i'll try to get it done

ANYWAY...

Here's the link:

http://www.reverbnation.com/amigagamemusic

hope you all enjoy it

x

halo6662004

Re: I'm new, BUT CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!!!

Post by halo6662004 »

If you find that the reverbnation site is a pain in the arse to navigate, there's an widget in on my myspace page for it that's easier to use.

http://www.myspace.com/damianhughesmusic

theres a bit of music on my myspace page and a few reverbnation widgets, the 'amigagamemusic' one is the last one. the 'savagedaffodils' one is my band and the 'thingio' one is just other music, some of it mine, some of it not mine, so just ignore those 2, or listen to them, whatever.

sorry for going on.

x

asle

Post by asle »

hi,

sounds ... interresting ? Not sure. Well, first, I agree. This site of yours is not easy to use. Could listen to only one song, which got so much stereo separation that it was simply unhearable.
Just out of curiosity, what did you use to convert to MP3 (replays) ?

Sylvain

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The site worked fine here. Although full amiga stereo separation isnt great for headphones listening but you can never have too many amiga music sites ;-) . Note you might also be interested in our modland interface that allows downloading of many of the music formats in OGG (recorded on demand).

for example music from 4-mat

http://www.exotica.org.uk/mediawiki/ind ... &col=&ins=