Allister Brimble's new tune (Silicon Heaven)

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

spectral

Allister Brimble's new tune (Silicon Heaven)

Post by spectral »

Anyone bought it yet? I really want to, but I am a picky person and I dislike buying something crippled like mp3. If I buy something, it's for keeps and i don't keep rubbish (only when I'm too lazy to take the garbage out!). So my question is, naturally, if there are any shops out there that can provide me with a FLAC or WAV version of the song?

In the end my struggle against the record industry and the online shops will probably fail and I will have to succumb to the masses and buy the mp3. But I will try. If you read this Allister, please put it somewhere where they do offer FLAC - bandcamp.com or magnatune.com etc. There is a list on the links page over at flac.sourceforge.net of all the shops that support FLAC.

I'm not an audiophile by any means (my hearing is impaired due to a youth filled with band rehearsals) and my appartment is kind of the hitler bunker v2.0 with concrete walls, but even so I do hear the difference in lossless vs. lossy.

Sorry if this came across as slagging off Allister, which is not at all what I intended (it's more the fault of amazon and itunes for not providing any means for authors to put their work up for sale unaltered). I was very very happy to hear that he has made something new (besides game soundtracks which tend to be not so free when it comes to what style and what small personal details the author wishes to put into the songs). I'll probably end up buying it for 79p or 99cent anyway, just to support a legend. But I'd be happier if there was a lossless product! I'd even pay more!

XtC

Re: Allister Brimble's new tune (Silicon Heaven)

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I'm sure BuZz mentioned in a phone call that there is a FLAC version available from one of these sites. Either that, or he was gloating that Allister had sent him something directly? :twisted:

(I can't remember the details now, my brain was on shut-down mode during the conversation! Not entirely BuZz's fault, it's just what happens after a cerebral day at work followed by keeping my 3 year old son entertained!) :roll:
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

XtC wrote:Ey up!

I'm sure BuZz mentioned in a phone call that there is a FLAC version available from one of these sites. Either that, or he was gloating that Allister had sent him something directly? :twisted:

(I can't remember the details now, my brain was on shut-down mode during the conversation! Not entirely BuZz's fault, it's just what happens after a cerebral day at work followed by keeping my 3 year old son entertained!) :roll:
No worries. I'll phone you again and repeat it all :lol:

Allister is happy to provide FLAC versions to those who have bought the mp3.

spectral

Post by spectral »

that is great news :) altho i cant understand why more shops don't offer FLAC. I mean, most devices supports it these days. It's the de-facto standard of lossless, basically it became what ogg/vorbis should have been for lossy. Too bad vorbis development seems kind of stalled lately.

Anyway I'll send my Visa details over teh intertubes and hope no evil h4xx0r sniffs it. And support Mr. Brimble

spectral

Post by spectral »

So.. I just bought it.

Terrific track! I don't want to write anything about it, put it into any kind of genre or so - because we all have our preferences and if I say it sounds like this and that, you might think "oh god no".

Really, it's an awesome track. Definitely worth every penny! And you get that warm feeling when you can support someone you like DIRECTLY, and not through some bs record company which takes 99% of the profit for themselves. And come on, it's not like you won't be able to eat after you bought it. Show your appreciation to artists who are so much part of what exotica is about. Chris Huelsbeck, Bjorn Lynne, Allister Brimble, etc etc.

Happy weekend! :beer: