I miss Octamed ;-(

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

AlabamyRising

I miss Octamed ;-(

Post by AlabamyRising »

Hi all, since f*****g my RDB on my amiga Ive been peecee`ing for a year and havent found anything that comes close to Octamed, the pc version sucks and someone should port the amiga version, bit for bit, to Windoze.
Just thought I`d share that with you ;-)

I did post a couple of mods to aminet AGES ago but only got one (nice) reply from some guy in australia, they`re in the med section and are Octamed executables, if you can be bothered to give them a listen and let me know what you think, the descriptions of all 4 are called "High Energy executable OSS modules".

Any pointers towards some decent Windoze trackers would be appreciated as well ;-)

StarrMaxx@onetel.net.uk

xxxxxx

manny77

Post by manny77 »

Skale tracker still in beta version, is a very good tracking program, very similar to fasttracker 2, but a lot better!

http://www.skale.org/

Renoise is another good proggie, but not free as skale:

http://www.renoise.com/

Then comes Modplug Tracker and MadTracker.

Try one of these, I suggest you Skale Tracker.
Nice tracking on PC!

regards, Manny77

AlabamyRising

Post by AlabamyRising »

Thanks Manny, real suggestions from real ppl are always better than any amount of blurb from a company ;-)
I`ll be looking at Skale real soon, hadn`t even heard of that one till now, thanks...

xxxxxxx

manny77

Post by manny77 »

I'm very happy to be useful to you!
Anyway you could use the old but good OctaMed in windows using UAE emulator or Winfellow. Very usable! :D

regards, Manny77

AlabamyRising

Post by AlabamyRising »

I have got all the UAE stuff waiting to be installed but I end up reinstalling my old image of Windoze so often I haven`t had chance ;-)

I just wasnt sure if my lame onboard sound could cope with it until I upgrade ;-(

xxx