Need help with a rip - there's free games in it for you

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Clompio

Need help with a rip - there's free games in it for you

Post by Clompio »

Hi all, good to see so many amiga fans still abound!

I am looking for someone with a real amiga to assist me with ripping a song from a game (Space Ranger, also known as TASAR) - the version I have has a complete song unlike the common ADF file which does not really have music - I need someone with a real amiga, who has ripping skills, who is willing to help, and lives in the USA (to save me postage since I am going to send you my disk and the disks of any other of my games you want - my amiga is broken and I no longer have any need of these games.) Of course we should make the rip available here!

Thanks so much in advance! Email me if you would, not sure how often I'll be able to check out this board.

Clompio

I see my email was not made available... here it is

Post by Clompio »

glasshotel [[[[at]]]]] hotmail.com

manny77

Post by manny77 »

Hi Clompio!
I find two version of this game on this site:

http://www.planetemu.net/

One is Tasar and don't contains music, only sound effects.
The other is this:
Space Ranger (1987)(Arcadia)[cr BS1 - TKT].adf
This adf contains music!
Well, the ingame music is...very simple! Probably monophonic! Sure this is what you want?? Anyway I know that good memories are very unusual sometimes...
Now you don't need to send your disks across USA!
Some good ripper guy on this board can help you...I tried but, WITHOUT SUCCESS!!! Exotica says that this music format is DELUXE MUSIC/SMUS!
Any idea to rip it??

Regards, Manny77
Last edited by manny77 on Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XtC

Post by XtC »

manny77 wrote:Some good ripper guy on this board can help you...I tried but, WITHOUT SUCCESS!!! Exotica says that this music format is DELUXE MUSIC/SMUS!
Any idea to rip it??

Ripping should be easy as the disks are standard DOS format. The trouble is that there isn't currently a player for the older Deluxe Music format - even though the structure is similar to Sonix.

Perhaps Kyzer has some input on this as he was studying the Sonix structure...?

Clompio

thanks

Post by Clompio »

Thanks Guys - Zeg (of Exotica) was kind enough to send me the DMCS samples and patterns - now I just need to figure out how to play it in UAE! (i don't think even deliplayer supports dmcs!) Any advice welcomed (is there an old version of DMCS or sonix i could dig up someplace?)

manny77

Post by manny77 »

Here it is DELUXE MUSIC CONSTRUCTION SET:

http://www.amigarealm.com/amiga/amiaudi ... ionSet.rar

...and the site where it came from:

http://www.amigarealm.com/amiga/amiaudio/au3.htm

I hope it works! Enjoy Clompio!!!

regards, manny77