Hey Board , Im New with a desperate Question !

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

wezentiger

Hey Board , Im New with a desperate Question !

Post by wezentiger »

Hi Guys n Gals !

Im desperate to get some .mod & .lha files converted to MIDI ??!!

Is the any programs that work !

.lha is the problem ,

The one im after if anyone else has it or a link to is :

Total Recall : In game Level 1 - Music !

Thanks for viewing peeps , !!!!!!!!

wezentiger

Post by wezentiger »

aww please help , i cant get my head round this .lha stuff !

Anyone have a link or the file to email !

Mod or Midi of : Total Recall - In Game Level 1 music !

Thanks

mld

Post by mld »

Hej,

.lha files are achives like .zip, .tar.gz. To unpack these lha files you need a port of the lha programm for you OS. I think there's a port of lha for almost every OS out there, like AmigaOS, *nix, and DOS.

A link to the total recall music on Unexotica is:
http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/g ... ecall.html

last but not least: converting a MOD into midi:

There's tools out there, but quality of the automatic conversion, imho, sucks *g*. Better listen to those files in their original form.
There's enough tools out there, that's able to play protracker mods decently.

Total recall is a even harder case. Those files are not MODs (read: Sound-, Noise-,Pro-, or Similar Tracker) but in a format called "David Whittaker", which is differrent to the average Mod.
To convert those to Mids, you probl have to do a manual cover of the song.

just being curious, why a midi conversion?-)

hope it helped,

mld /uade team

wezentiger

Post by wezentiger »

Wow , dude , you know your stuff !

Its just Level 1 of Total Recall i need as midi to put into my Fruity Loops sequencer so I can fiddle with it etc.......Personal Pleasure of my fave Amiga Soundtrack !

So LHA files are Acrchive ! Done

When I unpack the Total_Recall LHA of David Whittaker , it unpacks all levels , in LHA !!!!???????

If I could convert to MOD , the covert to MIDI I could use in my Sequencer !

Or am I being an idiot and going the long way round , is there another way i can just see the Pattern / Keynotes of how it was all played on that Level !!!!!!!!????

Many Thanks for your help !

:wink:

mld

Post by mld »

wezentiger wrote:Wow , dude , you know your stuff !
*lol* nah, not really ;)
Its just Level 1 of Total Recall i need as midi to put into my Fruity Loops sequencer so I can fiddle with it etc.......Personal Pleasure of my fave Amiga Soundtrack !
ah, ok... does the seq has the ability to mess around with sample files or just the General GM/GS instrument banks? Then you could stream the file to wav/mp3/ogg and use sample bits'n pieces to fiddle around with it.

So LHA files are Acrchive ! Done

When I unpack the Total_Recall LHA of David Whittaker , it unpacks all levels , in LHA !!!!???????
odd, works here (linux, lha 1.14i for unix)... ok, sending you the dw.ingame1 by email....
Or am I being an idiot and going the long way round , is there another way i can just see the Pattern / Keynotes of how it was all played on that Level !!!!!!!!????
I doubt David Whittaker used a kind of Editor to make the music, and if he did it's lost or not plubically available...

As for a converter of DW -> MOD? No Idea. Sorry,

Kyz, wasn't there a F1GP conversion to mod by you floating somewhere around? How was that done?

cheers,

mld /uade team
http://ee.tut.fi/~heikki/uade.html

wezentiger

Post by wezentiger »

Know more than me ! hahahahaha

Erm no idea , all i know is it reads stuff that end in .midi and little notes comes up !

Man im useless ! hahahhahah

What .file name is that you sent me , is that .mod or .lha ?

Can that be converted !

Im so confused !

It plays in deliplayer , i have 2MIDI convertor !!!!!!!!

Ummmmm