tmk - eremation

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

asle

tmk - eremation

Post by asle »

Hi all,

I've been aworking with the demo "we're still alive" by Eremation (1995). The format in the demo is unknown. Yet it begins with the ID "TMK", and in the demo they list the progys they used and there's this "timetracker" (along with protracker and delitracker). It's just a guess but could this TMK stand for TimeTracker ?. If anybody can put the _real_ name to it, please, tell me :). Also, the coder who's responsible for this format would be nice :).
Anyway, I've worked quite a few hours on this format. It's a mix of Promizer (for what I call the reference table pointing to the notes) and Tracker Packer (for the note packing).
Again, here I put the original music, the depacked music and all the txt found in the demo (which I still did not launch :). you can get it here : http://asle.free.fr/tmk.zip
I've seen in Zeg's list there some more "TMK" files. I'll have a look.

Anybody being interrested by the format description and or the depacking src is welcome to ask.

Cya,
Sylvain

PS: almost forgot. The music was composed by Axis / Eremation

asle

Post by asle »

Here's some more stuff for this TMK thingy I talked about upward. There's also a TMK in Fireblade / Eremation 40k entry for TP'94. Aside the fact it was splitted, the samples were delta like one can find them in The Player 5.0a, and it's a feature of the format I didn't know. So, I've amended my description.
For the ones interrested, here's all the stuff of this demo (tmk/mod/txt) : http://asle.free.fr/tmk2.zip (~19k)
Since this demo is not in Zeg's list, just say a word if you need it.

regards.
Sylvain

PS: this music is also made by Axis / Eremation

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

Hey asle.

I have tested the modules with DeliPlayerRC5, but it cant regonice them :( through it´s able to play "TimeTracker" modules....

Have you consulted Peter/Florian - DeliPLayer??

Muerto
-- you cant escape Muerto --

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

I hawe checked some more, and found out that The demo Outlaw/Eremation also contains 2 TMK files, but they are splittet in patterns and samples, an now DP2 is able to play them.

Muerto

PS. Still checking.
-- you cant escape Muerto --

asle

Post by asle »

Muerto wrote: I have tested the modules with DeliPlayerRC5, but it cant regonice them :( through it´s able to play "TimeTracker" modules....

Have you consulted Peter/Florian - DeliPLayer??
Hi,

I've not asked Peter Kunath yet. Though, since I had a W2K handy, I've dl-ed DP and tried myself .. and seen my name was anywhere (!). At least where it's related to "tracker".
Anyway, first, thx for the tip of the split. I cant understand why it's splitted but I guess it's a fact. Anybody having the packer is welcome to help, here !.
I've not checked the demo you speak about but intend to.

thx for answering.
Regards,
Sylvain