The mysterious module called "Virtual Reality"

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Coma

The mysterious module called "Virtual Reality"

Post by Coma »

This is a bit strange... I have here these two modules:

ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/protr ... eality.mod
ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/protr ... eality.mod

They are both 389000 bytes long and sound exactly the same as far as I can tell. First I thought this was a simple case of someone changing handles. But according to AMP, Organic's real name is Roger Tomasson and Virus's real name is Jonas Asp. They are both from Sweden but that's all they seem to have in common.

In the first module, the sample texts say "#organic/shining. made for the compo at the party92 ...". In the other one, they say "(c) virus/skidrow ... made in the year 1993 for the music compo at the party -93 ...". So the module, in its two incarnations, competed at both TP2 and TP3! The module is listed in the result file of both parties (unplaced at both).

Obviously the TP3 arrangers made a mistake, letting the same module compete again. But apart from that: did Virus steal the module, plain and simple? Or was it maybe a co-op from the beginning, which after some unknown conflict was claimed by both musicians? I don't have any hopes that anyone will know the details of this, but maybe... with some luck... or a lot... :)