dl. sound problem

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

makhar0n

dl. sound problem

Post by makhar0n »

hello,

i am new here and in trying to find a similar question on the forum i came up emptyhanded so i hope this hasn't been asked 100x already:

i have deliplayer2 installed on winXp, and whenever i try to play a dl. file, it says its not a known file format... what should i do with the files??? is there a convertor to like .mid or .mod or something else??

the files are all from the unexotica archives.

thank you

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

You'll need to download the following players from the Wanted Team website...

(Dave Lowe's original format dl.)
http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/files/playe ... veLowe.lha

(Dave Lowe's newer format dln.)
http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/files/playe ... oweNew.lha

...extract them, and put the player files into the AmigaPlayers folder of DeliPlayer.

makhar0n

Post by makhar0n »

great :) works now!

still cant read all files tho, but its much better than nothing.

thanks

XtC

Post by XtC »

makhar0n wrote:still cant read all files tho, but its much better than nothing.
Just out of interest, what files can't be read?

A1200alsoPC

Re: dl. sound problem

Post by A1200alsoPC »

Sorry for the thread necro! And hello all amiga game music lovers :)

This was the only thread i could find that seemed appropriate for my question.

I've been using Deliplayer 2.5 for a few months now, and have got to grips with playing most of the amiga music formats, but for some reason i'm having difficulty playing 'normal' midi files of the .mid extension - these game music files are for PC game music as i wanted to add to my 35 hour playlist with some oldschool DOS era midi tunes.

Is it possible to listen to these type of game music files on Deliplayer? I've searched around the internet quite a bit for possible plugin/Amiga player/Player add-ons for Deliplayer but not found anything yet.

I'm hoping i don't have to rely on mediaplyer to listen to these types of game music tracks!!!

Any help gratefully recieved as i'm stuck and want to add some more tunes to my excellent retro game vibe playlist.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Welcome to the forum!

Before the DeliPlayer site went down, there were numerous requests for MIDI support to be added to DeliPlayer. But it never happened.

You might be better off using XMPlay, as that supports practically all formats covered by DeliPlayer and more formats (including MIDI) NOT supported by DeliPlayer.

There are several plug-ins you will need to install first, but it does a very good job of replaying Amiga music. Never tried the MIDI though...
Cheers!

A1200alsoPC

Post by A1200alsoPC »

XtC wrote:Ey up!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks, i've enjoyed finding all the great game music tracks here.

Ok i did try XMplay before Deliplayer and well it had a few issues that on balance i found Deliplayer the prefered choice for Amiga music files. I suppose XMplay as a still in development player is only going to get better, while Deliplayer as an old unsupported player is stuck as is, so i'll keep an eye on XMplay and see how it developes.

hmmm i think maybe what i will do then is keep Deliplayer for all Amiga/C64/Atari8bit/Mod+MP3 tracks then use XMplay for all the midi files and any other stuff that Deliplayer may not work with.

Just a shame there isnt a one-stop-shop to get to listen to all the best 'old school' computer game music, but thanks for your advice, i'll go try out Xmplay again - cheers.

A1200alsoPC

Post by A1200alsoPC »

Hi again, just a quick update as i think i've worked out a way around my 'midi in Deliplayer' issue. I downloaded and ran a program called Modplug Tracker - which enabled me to load in my midi(.mid) files then i saved them as .wav which Deliplayer supports - so now i can start to convert then add those PC midi game music files to Deliplayer as .wav files - no need for two players for different music types :)

I hope this provides useful for someone. happy retro musiking! I can see a 100 hour playlist on the horizon - all game music! :D

A1200alsoPC

Post by A1200alsoPC »

I got the modplug tracker program from here(official legit free download):

http://www.modplug.com/

And i'm running this thread as i work it all out:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943

please feel free to join in and offer up advice :)