The module from Plastic Passion by Upfront

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Coma

The module from Plastic Passion by Upfront

Post by Coma »

Help!

I would really, really like to have this module... but I can't rip it. Prowizard finds a Tetrapack 2.2 file, but XFD can't depack it since it's corrupt. Is there any rip master out there who could help? I can send you the demo (it's very good!) as a DMS-file.

Coma

Post by Coma »

Found, thanks to the module-finding skills of Zeg. 8)

asle

Post by asle »

hi Coma,

I've depacked this module ages ago and as far as I remember, it was a hell of a lot of work to do this "one of a kind" depacking. Never found the original PTK, though. So, if that's what you've found, please, send over. In fact, if it's not and you grabbed another rip (than mine), please send over too since I'm curious of the result :wink:
the email is asle[at]free[point]fr

regards,
Sylvain

Coma

Post by Coma »

Zeg sent it to me, however, it sounded quite strange at first. When I inspected it in Protracker I found what I've seen in some other old "hard to rip" modules: one of the tracks was shifted one line down. It's really strange, I have no idea what causes this. But it was easily fixed and now it sounds exactly like in the demo.

Do you still want it even though I had to make changes to it? I think nothing in the module differs from when Dice sent it to the coder of the demo, but still...

asle

Post by asle »

All right, received it. Thanks.
Sounds just right. I'm wondering where Zeg got it from. Certainly _not_ the demo itself since the sample names were removed. Maybe he knows Dice :).
Anyway, thank you very much. And if anybody out there is interrested by the "original" in demo music (in its unknown, at least to me, format), just say a word.

Regards,
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

zeg

Post by zeg »

[quote="asle"]All right, received it. Thanks.
Sounds just right. I'm wondering where Zeg got it from. Certainly _not_ the demo itself since the sample names were removed. Maybe he knows Dice :).

Huhu :)

The steps.

1.) xadundisk ram:Upfront-plasticpassion.dms ram:bla.adf
2.) filex load file ram:bla.adf
3.) search $000003F3
4.) mark $000003F3
5.) search $000003F2
6.) past $000003F3 up to $000003F2
7.) save block as ram:001
8.) do it 3 times. ram:001,002 and 003
9.) result = you have got 3 Tetrapacked files.
10.) xfd decrunch those 3 files.
11.) the 2nd file includes the module.
12.) done.

bye

zeg

Post by zeg »

uhm, forgot 3 steps.

load decrunched file 2 into
Filex and copy paste the song data at $FFF up to end.
and also copy paste
the sample data. :)
try unirip to get the song lenght.

mix all of those a litle bit.

bye bye

asle

Post by asle »

uh .. well, sounds awefully simple. Geee .. seems I messed-up somewhere then. Thanks for the explanation :).

Regards,
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Coma

Post by Coma »

But since Prowizard found a Tetrapack file, all those steps shouldn't have been needed... but XFD thought the file was corrupt.

And searching for $000003F3 should find all executable files, not just Tetrapacked ones, right?