I can't play "Beneath a Steel Sky CD32"

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Sengoku

I can't play "Beneath a Steel Sky CD32"

Post by Sengoku »

I can't play "Beneath a Steel Sky CD32" in Deliplayer 2.50.
I use the Dave Lowe New player from Wanted Team http://amiga.emucamp.com/wt/players.html

The player is : EP_DaveLoweNew.lha ( Dave Lowe New 9.87 KB and Dave Lowe New.AMP 9.68 KB ) and put in Amiga Player folder of Deliplayer, but i can't play this ..... :(

Can any help me please ?
Thanks.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

There is a replayer that is bundled with DeliPlayer that might be the root of your problem.

If there is a replayer called 'SoundImages' in the 'AmigaPlayers' folder, either delete it or move out of that folder, then restart DeliPlayer.
Cheers!

Sengoku

Post by Sengoku »

Yes !
Thanks XtC :D

But playing Sound Images music ( Narc, Nitro ..... ), Deliplayer 2.50 detect this like "TinyWilliams" :?:
Is the same format ???? ( Sound Images = TinyWilliams )

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I would recommend you (re)move the 'TinyWilliams' replayer from the 'AmigaPlayers' folder and use Don Adan's 'Sound Images' replayer, as it has more features than the one bundled with DeliPlayer.

To be honest, I would recommend using all the Wanted Team players in DeliPlayer. The late Mr. Larmer and Don Adan (with some help from Gaelan Griffin) have spent many hours creating new replayers and improving existing replayers.

IMHO, the only grey area with the Wanted Team replayers is the Protracker support. Though having said that, try playing the title music from 'Blood Money' in DeliPlayer using the bundled replayer, and listen to the tune jump at around the 35 second mark. Don's replayer can be configured to support these types of modules, but you can't access the configuration using DeliPlayer! (You can using EaglePlayer or DeliTracker)
Cheers!