Converting mods from an lha file to mp3s.

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

InterZAA

Converting mods from an lha file to mp3s.

Post by InterZAA »

I'm posting this topic because I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to convert the individual mods in an .lha file to mp3s. I'm not sure how to extract the mods from the lha file and then convert them.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

The easiest method would be to install (and register) DeliPlayer on your PC - assuming your using Windows. It will play files directly from an LHa (Zip, RAR, etc) archive and has the facility to save as MP3.

However, it will only save in stereo once you have registered the software.
Cheers!

InterZAA

What are the harder ways?

Post by InterZAA »

Thanks for replying, but I have another question. You say it would be the easiest way. Is there anyway to do it without spending money, whether it is harder or not? Although I can do it without Deliplayer Pro, I can't get the highest quality mp3.

Coma

Post by Coma »

Yes. Use Winamp with the Oldsk00l plugin and use the disk writer to generate wavs, then pack these with your favourite mp3 tool. Oldsk00l hasn't been updated for a long time but is the next best module player for Windows...

Riley

Post by Riley »

You can circumvent the Deliplayer disk writer issue if your soundcard has a "record what you hear"-option. This means you can record any signal that goes out to the speakers. Another way to do this, of course, is by connecting the soundcard's line out back to its line in. You can use a free sample editor such as Cool Edit to do the recording and saving to wav. Of course, if it's the highest quality you're after, you really should be recording straight from a real Amiga. :)

As for extracting lha archives, WinRAR works fine here.