Download all unexotica music in one shot

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Valdo

Download all unexotica music in one shot

Post by Valdo »

Is there a way to downlaod all music in any format compressed in one or few files (for example in some cd images iso or bin or in few rar,zip archive)?
thank you

XtC

Post by XtC »

Not currently, no.

Maybe BuZz has some thoughts on this...

BuZz?
Cheers!

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

i would really like that to!

- if you a tired of pressing those dload link again and again, you can use WebReaper, it can rip an entire site for .php, .html and in this case .zip files
-- you cant escape Muerto --

XtC

Post by XtC »

Muerto wrote:[...] and in this case .zip files
Of course, you would end up with no UnExoticA collection as there are no ZIP archives contained within it! :?

:idea: They're all LhA archives!

ZIP? Where would the file comments go?
Cheers!

Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

How about having a bittorrent torrent containing the entire archive? If they're not compressed into a single file you could even download just the albums you want from within the tracker (at least with some of the tracker clients).

The problem I would guess would be that the archive is updated, but since this seems to be done in burst you could just scrap the old torrent and start a new one (or if you can alter them somehow, I've never started a torrent so I don't know).

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Parsifal wrote:How about having a bittorrent torrent containing the entire archive? If they're not compressed into a single file you could even download just the albums you want from within the tracker (at least with some of the tracker clients).
Can you, or someone else, recommend a website with a Torrent Tracker we could use?

Preferably a non-warez site that's open to everyone, where you don't have to subscribe to download a bittorrent file.
Cheers!

Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

I don't know any other, but http://www.legaltorrents.com seems to be a good place, they seem to host some netlabels and stuff. But I have no idea how to get your stuff up there.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I've found another torrent tracker: -

http://freeworld.hopto.org/phpBB/index.php

I've added my torrent to their tracker, I think it's pending approval...

I'd hold fire on trying to use the torrent 'til it gets approved.
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Well, I haven't been told it's been approved, but someone is happily downloading from me!

If you want to download the UnExoticA game music collection as a torrent then follow the link in my previous post.

If you use the folder structure used by UnExoticA then hopefully you won't have to download the whole 2GB!
Cheers!

Coma

Post by Coma »

I may have a sudden case of tunnel vision, but I don't find anything Exotica related on that page... Didn't find anything when searching for "Exotica" either. How mysterious.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

It's still under the Incoming Torrents section, I assume it's pending approval.

http://freeworld.hopto.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=180
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

That torrent site has only a handful of users. You might be better off sticking it on a different (popular) tracker. Or if you only intend to offer it to those on this forum etc, you could run a tracker on your pc.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

It looks like it's been approved!

If anyone else has a local mirror of UnExoticA they could perhaps join this torrent and help my bandwidth a little?

I did look into hosting my own torrent tracker, but I didn't have the first clue how to install and configure one. This option is much easier, and as a first attempt it works just fine. :wink:
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

For those that know what they're doing with clrmame pro, I have created a dat file.

You can use this to compare and fix your existing UnExoticA collection BEFORE you start downloading this torrent. That way, you won't have to download all 2GB (hint).

If you are using clrmamepro then I've also provided this archive which contains all the .txt and .jpg files contained in the collection and are also part of the torrent.

There are plenty of clrmamepro guides out there if you search, please don't post questions relating to the use of clrmamepro on this forum as they would certainly be classed as off-topic.
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

We have an offtopic section :-)