Question about Fury of the Furries

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Snyderman

Question about Fury of the Furries

Post by Snyderman »

Fury of the Furries has some of my favorite music, the Amiga version. I recently played the PC version and found that the music is actually different on quite a few tracks. The issue I'm having is that I can see all of the music files in a folder titled KMD, and all of the files are .kmd files. SUPPOSEDLY, there's a way to play them by converting them to .mod in the extension according to this site.

http://pc.mobygames.com/game/trivia/gameId%2C593

I tried playing the files in Deliplayer/Winamp/Eagleplayer in both .KMD and .MOD extensions. None of the programs recognize it. Is there any way to play these files? It would be nice to be able to listen to the tracks that differ from the Amiga version, since they're good too. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

Is there a place where the .KMD files can be downloadad???
-- you cant escape Muerto --

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I think Moby Games got their facts a little muddled! :roll:

Yes, you can view all the sprite and level artwork, you can even listen to the soundfx since everything is in IFF format.

The files in the KMD folder are over half a Mb in size and definitely don't contain any sample data. This is confirmed when the folder is compressed down to just 56kb using Zip.

These appear to be MIDI based tunes, though not in a standard MIDI format. I'm not sure how you would play these, changing the file extension won't help.

Muerto wrote:Is there a place where the .KMD files can be downloadad???
Seek and ye shall find! :wink:

Can't be bothered seeking? I've provided the contents of the KMD folder here...
Cheers!

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

XtC wrote:Seek and ye shall find! :wink:
Ill thank you :)
-- you cant escape Muerto --

Talus

Post by Talus »

Definitely not MODs as already pointed out. The game uses the FM synthesis chip on the Adlib card + compatibles.

I recorded all the tunes directly from the game back in 2001. This was fairly easy since the tunes were seperate, and I just had to rename each tune to the name of the level 1 tune, thereby not have to play through the game :)

You can find MP3 files here:

http://gallium.prg.dtu.dk/~lbn/Fury_of_the_Furries/

Not each level has a unique tune, which is why there's a Pyramid2 but not a Pyramid1 (I didn't include the duplicates). I think I used the filenames as name for the recordings.

The tunes are looped (eg. they play through twice then fade), which in hindsight probably makes them a bit too long. I'm too lazy to edit them now, however. So either live with it or record them yourself ;)

If you like Moby's music in this game, you might like his music in Pac-in-Time too. This was basically a revamped Fury, with a Pac Man theme. It was not released on the Amiga (AFAIK), but exists for the PC and SNES (I recorded the PC/Adlib version).

http://gallium.prg.dtu.dk/~lbn/Pac-in-Time/

These are Oggs since I just encoded them. The Fury MP3s I had online already.

Enjoy!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Cheers Talus! :-)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Thanks indeed for these.

If anyone is interested in the original SNES soundtrack for 'Pac-in-Time', then the I've made the MODs available here.
Cheers!