My AHX tunes

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

MrTickle

My AHX tunes

Post by MrTickle »

Go and download them (MrTickle.lha). That is all :-)

(well, not quite all: BuZz, can I send you a new MrTickle.lha because I can never remember which tunes i've sent you and which ones i havent etc. ? )

Riley

Post by Riley »

Hmm, that reminds me I have some unreleased AHX tunes (by me :)) still sitting on my miggy's harddrive. Anyone interested? 8)

BTW, is the AHX editor available anywhere anymore? I lost my copy a few years ago when my old harddrive died.

menace

Post by menace »

On a sidenote, concerning this musicsystem: Abyss members formed the company Shin'en Multimedia, where they are doing games for the GameBoy/Color/Advance, and... have a music and sound system for sale :)
It is called (wait for it) the GHX (for gb/gbc) or (oh yes) AHX (for gba) ;)

Their website is at www.shinen.com, and this quote is from there:
Take a look at the features our proprietary Sound Engines have to offer (available for Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance). Combined with our longtime experience in creating synthesized music for computer and console games, you've found a number one team for your music needs.
See some of the game titles for which we have provided music and sound drivers.

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: My AHX tunes

Post by BuZz »

MrTickle wrote:Go and download them (MrTickle.lha). That is all :-)

(well, not quite all: BuZz, can I send you a new MrTickle.lha because I can never remember which tunes i've sent you and which ones i havent etc. ? )
Please do send me a new archive.

Thanks

Akira

Post by Akira »

menace wrote:It is called (wait for it) the GHX (for gb/gbc) or (oh yes) AHX (for gba) ;)
That's not quite correct... The GB/C engine is indeed called GHX (and the editor they use looks a damn lot like THX/AHX!), but the GBA engine is called GAX

When I saw a pic of the GHX editor I emailed them to ask if it was possible to convert AHX tunes to GHX... Pink told me it was impossible, that the GHX tool they use just looks like AHX because they were quite used to the interface :D

On a side note, The MusyX sound engine from our friends at Factor 5 (available for GBA, N64 and others), is the sucessor of good ole Amiga TFMX :D

menace

Post by menace »

Akira: Of course you are right, concerning GAX. I wasn't checking correctly, just writing from memory. These things happen ;)

Akira

Post by Akira »

Errare Humanum Est :D