My Project: Game Music & Demo Music in Mp3

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Pero-Fotar

My Project: Game Music & Demo Music in Mp3

Post by Pero-Fotar »

Hello.

I really like video game & demoscene music and I want to listen it everywhere. I start to collect & convert all the best tunes in mp3 format. Some of the tunes are recorded from real machines and some tunes are emulated. The mp3 tunes contains full info (Title, Artist, Album (Game/Demo), Year, Comment (Country). The all mp3 files have jpg covers. For game tunes is cover of original media or title game screen and for demos demo screen. The shortest songs are looped 2 times. I normalized all the songs. I fixed the ending of the looped songs.

The main goal of this archive is not to have a tons of computer music, but to archive/collect only the best of the best computer music tunes from various computer systems with full credits and cover pictures.

The all archive is very well organised.

For example:

DEMOSCENE:
VIDEO GAME MUSIC:

VIDEO GAME MUSIC:
ACORN - BBC Micro (SN76489)
ATARI - ST (YM2149)
ATARI - XL, XE (Pokey)
COMMODORE - Amiga (Paula 8364)
COMMODORE - Commodore 64 (SID 6581)

COMMODORE - Amiga (Paula 8364):
AUSTRALIA
DENMARK
NETHERLANDS
UNITED KINGDOM

UNITED KINGDOM:
DAVID WHITTAKER
ROB HUBBARD

DAVID WHITTAKER:
01. DAVID WHITTAKER - Golden Axe (Title)
02. DAVID WHITTAKER - Golden Axe (Stage 1, 3, 5)
03. DAVID WHITTAKER - Golden Axe (Increase Your Powers)
04. DAVID WHITTAKER - Thundercats (Title)

01. DAVID WHITTAKER - Golden Axe (Title):
Track:01
Title: Golden Axe (Increase Your Powers)
Artist: DAVID WHITTAKER
Album: Golden Axe
Year: 1990
Genre: Video Game Music - Amiga (Paula 8364)
Comment/Comments: United Kingdom - England
Artwork: JPG picture from Golden Axe title screen

If you are interested for this archive I can upload it somewhere so the people can download it. Do you have any suggestions where is the best place to upload it. The archive is now not very big just 70 mp3's/470 MB. But in the future it will become bigger. I will upload from time to time new versions of the archive with more songs. I will try to collect at least 400 best computer music songs that deserves to be unforgotten :)

Bye.

Pero-Fotar