Demo Modules...

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Muerto

Demo Modules...

Post by Muerto »

:D Hello! :D

I think it could be cool, if exotica contained demo-modules, ie. the modules from the demo Twisted by Polka Brothers, or will that be to complicated??

:cry: Parden my bad english :o( :cry:

Best Regards to the exotica team :D

Muerto

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Demo Modules...

Post by BuZz »

Muerto wrote::D Hello! :D
I think it could be cool, if exotica contained demo-modules, ie. the modules from the demo Twisted by Polka Brothers, or will that be to complicated??
Actually, this is something we have planned.
The system which runs UnExoticA has support for
other categories.

Maybe its something i should setup soon.

Akira

Post by Akira »

Then stop hugging your C64s and DO IT!
:D

Demo music would be most lovely... Azazel/TBL Goa tunes, plz :D

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

:D :D :D Yir!! :D :D :D

Cant wait to se witch modules im missing (probably a lot)

Best Regards Muerto
-- you cant escape Muerto --

Crown

All demo modules on AMP.

Post by Crown »

You can get most of the existing amiga demo modules straight from AMP
at:

Http://amp.dascene.net

Let us know how you like it.

cheers

crown

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

Crown wrote:You can get most of the existing amiga demo modules straight from AMP
at:

Http://amp.dascene.net

Let us know how you like it.

cheers

crown

Hmmm, i was aware of the AMP site, but there's all the modules converted back to protracker :(

Muerto

Crown

AMP.

Post by Crown »

When a demo module was edited with protracker, there is no sense in keeping the file in its packed form. It's fairly normal to save the tunes in their original format so that you can access the sample informations, etc.. That's why in AMP we decided to ptoceed that way. Seems that composers prefer that solution. too. :)

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: AMP.

Post by BuZz »

Crown wrote:When a demo module was edited with protracker, there is no sense in keeping the file in its packed form. It's fairly normal to save the tunes in their original format so that you can access the sample informations, etc.. That's why in AMP we decided to ptoceed that way. Seems that composers prefer that solution. too. :)
hard to see when you have the original tune or not then though. and files can get converted but wrongly, and so on. If you keep in original form you can gradually try and locate the mod originals also etc. also many converts done by some people have there rip credits in the tune which isnt so impressive (not accusing anyone specific).

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

the exotica demo music area is not supposed to be competition for amp.
its a different kind of area. with music ripped on a per demo basis. so if a tune hasnt been in a demo/musicdisk, it wont be included.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

BuZz wrote:the exotica demo music area is not supposed to be competition for amp.
its a different kind of area. with music ripped on a per demo basis. so if a tune hasnt been in a demo/musicdisk, it wont be included.
Nice to hear that BuZz, and also on the amp site, all the music are converted back to ProTracker :(

But what i can undestand, you arent so destructive on ExoticA :D :D :D

Best Regards, and hope for a good weekend with lots of beer and women!!!!

Muerto
-- you cant escape Muerto --

Crown

well...

Post by Crown »

I am not sure muerto that you really handle the packer topic. As I said earlier, the original format of protracker tunes is not their packer but real mod. As such there isn't any reason why you should have them in promizer, etc.. If you really want to listen to the music the way it was composed you need to find the protracker tune, if you want to listen to it the way it was played (often buggy replay routines) then load the demo. But it's just senseless to listen to packed tunes

Muerto

Re: well...

Post by Muerto »

Crown wrote:I am not sure muerto that you really handle the packer topic. As I said earlier, the original format of protracker tunes is not their packer but real mod. As such there isn't any reason why you should have them in promizer, etc.. If you really want to listen to the music the way it was composed you need to find the protracker tune, if you want to listen to it the way it was played (often buggy replay routines) then load the demo. But it's just senseless to listen to packed tunes

Let me refrace my previousley statement: i only want the modules in the original format (witch means, the format they are presented in, in the demos)

Of course youre right about the thing, where the pack the mod into .pha, .p60a etc, but when you said that they are many bugs in the routines, how can you convert them to the "original" protracker mod without the bugs in them???, or does the AMP site only contains music from the composers in ProTracker format??

Muerto