Immortal 3

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

XtC

Immortal 3

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I don't know if anybody else has felt the release of Immortal 3 dragging on for longer than the release of a new Amiga by Escom or Gateway 2000 ever did! :?

If you haven't already downloaded and listened to these, then there are a handful of sneak previews of what is on the new double album, being a Tim Follin fan I'm blown away by the first preview: -
...and then there's...
The rest of the tracks in alpha order are: -
  • Agony
    Alien Breed
    Amberstar
    Apidya
    Aquaventura
    Brat
    The Chaos Engine
    Death Mask
    Defender of the Crown
    Denaris
    Disposable Hero
    Elfmania
    Fire & Ice
    Gods
    Leander
    Lotus 3: Ultimate Challenge
    Obsession
    Ork
    Overdrive
    Pinball Dreams
    Pinball Fantasies
    The Plague
    Shadow of the Beast 2
    Speedball 2
    Supercars 2
    Theatre of Death
    Trolls
    Turrican 2
    Turrican 3
    Uridium 2
    Wings of Death
Apparently, "The Killing Gameshow" and "Blood Money" were also to be included, but the tracks couldn't be finished in time. :(

Maybe we might see this album before Xmas 2005?!?

If you're into Atari ST soundtracks, then the yet to be released album "Revival ST" should whet your appetite. Still being a biased Tim Follin fan, the following preview was very impressive: -

L.E.D. Storm [Title]

There are previews for the rest of the album available here.
    Cheers!

alexh

Post by alexh »

I've been looking forward to this album for a long time.

Matthias Steinwachs (Thalion musician) who donated his original disks to Exotica completed his immortal 3 tracks almost a year ago.

I do hope that Amberstar (Jochen Hippel, another Thalion musician) is good too.

Thalion were only an ickle company, but they had 2 tracks on the last immortal, 3 tracks on this immortal, quite impressive.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

There's been another progress report: -
    Jan Zottmann wrote:My apologies for the recent lack of news! It's a busy time for me at the moment - I've only got the weekends to work on the album, but it's happening. In the meantime I thought it would be nice to let you have a look at the making of one of the tracks: "Shadow of the Beast 2" was orginally to be arranged by "Immortal" series creator Ruben Monteiro for CD; unfortunately, he only found the time to work on the intro and make a hurried attempt to re-orchestrate the ingame mod. Since this was the only track left unfinished I decided to give it a hand myself and teamed up with a friend to sample a whole load of quality sounds from our synth racks. In addition to the exchange of samples and some careful changes to the song structure we re-arranged the climatic string part at the end of the piece with a Kurzweil K2500. The result was finally approved by composer Tim Wright and will hopefully please the many fans of the Amiga original...

http://www.zottmann.com/beast_v1.mp3 (an excerpt from the Amiga mod)
    http://www.zottmann.com/beast_v2.mp3 (the re-orchestrated Monteiro draft)
    http://www.zottmann.com/beast_v3.mp3 (a glimpse at the CD version)
    ...but still no release date.
    Cheers!