Tracker mods

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Tracker mods

Post by BuZz »

Muerto wrote: TreasurePatterns - by MB
There are some tresurepatterns customs in the exotica archive. Do those just get recognised as customs or ?

I remember getting in trouble for putting those on exotica at some point by one of the deliplayer team. seems they were not supposed to be made public. oops.. ;-)

asle

Post by asle »

you meant this I guess : http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/archive/CUS ... tterns.lha
well, a quick look at them shows that they are all Customized. I'll have a look a try to figure out what is the Treasure Pattern file inside. Not that hard butI'm quite busy :(.

I'll report back later about this. Thanks Buzz for the tip.

[edit]
ok, I've taken some time to extract the TP off the CUST files. Those are recognised by DP as such now.
http://asle.free.fr/TreasurePatterns.tar.gz
Now, who did this SoundTracker packer ?. Who did the musics and where do those come from ?.

Cya,
Regards.
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

mld

Post by mld »

hi folks, hei muerto,

I dug through some of my testmods and maybe the things I found are useful for you too at: http://mitglied.lycos.de/mldoering/mods/

* Digital Tracker - there's a Atari ST/Falcon Mod Editor by that name, I put a DTM file into the archive. (If you mean DLM mods say a word. I might have on or two of those on some old backup disks)

* Gravecomposer is probl. the *.wow file. It's a M.K. mod format with 8 channels.

* Soundtracker 31 is most likely the old pre-Noisetracker format with repeat offset in bytes w/ or wo/ the M.K.... You can find those a lot in older demos :)

* Icetracker is compatible to Soundtracker 2.6 by MTN.

all the best,

mld/uade team
---
http://zakalwe.virtuaalipalvelin.net/uade/

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

asle wrote:[edit]
ok, I've taken some time to extract the TP off the CUST files. Those are recognised by DP as such now.
http://asle.free.fr/TreasurePatterns.tar.gz
Now, who did this SoundTracker packer ?. Who did the musics and where do those come from ?.
Nice job! and now, a new hunt has started! - who made the TP-code?

mld wrote:* Icetracker is compatible to Soundtracker 2.6 by MTN.
LOL! your right! took the module news2.mod.ST26 into WinHex and changed MTN at $5B8 to IT10, and now it´s regonized as IceTracker1.0 by DP... lol!
mld wrote:* Digital Tracker - there's a Atari ST/Falcon Mod Editor by that name, I put a DTM file into the archive. (If you mean DLM mods say a word. I might have on or two of those on some old backup disks)
"Word"... :mrgreen:
I did´nt mean DLM, but i would like them anyway :D
-- you cant escape Muerto --

mld

Post by mld »

Muerto wrote:
mld wrote:* Icetracker is compatible to Soundtracker 2.6 by MTN.
LOL! your right! took the module news2.mod.ST26 into WinHex and changed MTN at $5B8 to IT10, and now it´s regonized as IceTracker1.0 by DP... lol!
Actually I'm not really surprised :)
It would be interesting to see if the original replay is the same or if it differs.

I wish other Tracker authors would have done the same and put a unique tag instead of recycling M.K. again and again while changing the replay... Oh, well...

mld wrote:* Digital Tracker - there's a Atari ST/Falcon Mod Editor by that name, I put a DTM file into the archive. (If you mean DLM mods say a word. I might have one or two of those on some old backup disks)
"Word"... :mrgreen:
I did´nt mean DLM, but i would like them anyway :D
put them online for you -> same place as the others.
Anything else you're looking for?

About Treasure Patterns... Did a quick google search and according to a Post by Promax on eab.Abime.net (in re.Demos) the Demo Treasure Patterns was done by "Karsten Krieg". Found also a list of old PD disks and it seems it was on KickPD 334: Disk. (No I don't have it... I'm sure I have KickPD 550 somewhere but that's it)

mld/uade team

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

mld wrote:Anything else you're looking for?
Im always on the seach for packed modules, so if your interested in sharing some, i´m game!

Have made a list of what i got, it can be dloadet Here

If you need somthing for testing, let me know!

BTW - no DLM mods online yet..

PS. if i could see your list it would be great!

mld

Post by mld »

It's called muerto2.tar.bz :)

About the list... I'll send you one later

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

gah! a simple press on F5 and woila! there it was! :oops:

mld

Post by mld »

my music lists online as well now. Probl. missing a loi. Same place.: )

Some remarks, I'm trying to clean up the music section (for the last three or four years *g), so many files are redundant. The ones in chip_mus.txt and chip_mus2.txt are prbl. the best to start with. testbed is the section with the mods I use to torture mod replayers with.

Last but not least unsorted.txt is the dump everything is put in the first place before sorting... and left there miserably forgotten ;)

vi snakkes

mld

ps. check the shd's rsync server as well.
pps. btw. mod.klissje_paa_klisjee in your list is definetly a noisetracker module *g*

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

mld wrote: pps. btw. mod.klissje_paa_klisjee in your list is definetly a noisetracker module *g*
Var sq en smutter, men der r nok mange fejl!

asle

Post by asle »

Muerto wrote: Im always on the seach for packed modules, so if your interested in sharing some, i´m game!

Have made a list of what i got, it can be dloadet Here
Had a quick look at this list of yours. What a mess !. Woaw. You're messing up tracked files with packed files !. How on earth do you manage to find yourself in there ?. Look, AMS or 669 are clearly tracked files, but AMF, for example is absolutly not. *geee*, I'll never grasp it, I guess.
Anyway, about the DIR 'CHANNEL', it goes for three version of Channel Player. Don't know if DP makes this diff public however.
And why not put the real names of the tracker/packer ?. Look, DDB means what ?, especially when there's a '.tdd' file inside :roll: .
strange collection you have.

Regards,

[edit]
Huh .. just found the dirs 'EMOD' and 'QC'. I wonder what's the difference between these two :wink:
And you're missing quite a few examples of several packed formats, like STIM. But, maybe, you want to store only a few representatives examples of each format.
Oh and ULT had several formats as well .. .

Cya,
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

asle

Post by asle »

mld wrote:hi folks, hei muerto,

I dug through some of my testmods and maybe the things I found are useful for you too at: http://mitglied.lycos.de/mldoering/mods/
Hi Michael. I had also a quick look at your list. Just wanted to mention that GMC is not a 'mod_packer' but a real tracker. Well, a clone of SoundTracker in fact. Not to mention IceTracker, then. But I'm sure you more or less stick to Gryzor's list ;).

Regards,

[edit]
oh and looking at 'testbed' file, it show ModInfo is useful :). Great, just great ;). Reminds me I'm late about this one :(.

Cya
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I like trees

mld

Post by mld »

BuZz wrote:I like trees
Monty Pythons wrote: he's a lumberjack and he's alright! he works all day and works all night ;)
updated to tree view at http://mitglied.lycos.de/mldoering/mods ... st.tar.bz2

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

Well, i collect all types of modules, and i don really care if i store them with non tracker mods....
asle wrote:about the DIR 'CHANNEL', it goes for three version of Channel Player. Don't know if DP makes this diff public however.
All 3 versions is in the dir, and DP can regonise all 3 versions..
asle wrote: Look, DDB means what ?, especially when there's a '.tdd' file inside
Hmm, cant remember, but the module is in Dark Demon Packer. :oops:
asle wrote:And you're missing quite a few examples of several packed formats, like STIM. But, maybe, you want to store only a few representatives examples of each format.
I was only aware of 2 exsisting mods of that format, however, in Slamtilt all the table music is not regonized by ProWizard, another version of STIM??

I like so many modules of each player/packer as possible..

-- now i will deticade the next hours, cleaning my moddir up, so you dosent cut your eyes on the next MODS.TXT... :grin2: