Found one of my old tunes online!

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

ITL

Found one of my old tunes online!

Post by ITL »

I recently downloaded the WinUAE emulator, and went for a nostalgic demo hunt - I found a few references to a demo group (Magnetic Fields) I was in for a very short while in the late 80's/early 90's. So I searched around some more, and managed to find one of their old demos that I did the music for!

It was so weird listening to it - I haven't heard the tune for about fifteen years - it sounds so cheesy, now! lol - and all crammed into a 48k protracker mod, as well!

I found the demo at amigascne.org: [click]

The file doesn't have an extension - but I put a .adf extension on it, and ran it through WinUAE on the full ECS 3.1 chipset. It works fine.

It got me thinking about the other guys in the group - I only knew a couple of them very well, and I haven't seen them in years - wonder what they're up to now?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Who in particular? I know what happened to a few of the Magnetic fields/Digital guys.

ITL

Post by ITL »

I knew Anz the best, and I was at the same computer training place in Doncaster as Spook, for a while. I heard he went on to bigger and better things. I knew Dextrous, Cosy and Frenzy a little bit, but not that well.

I was only in MF for a very short while, and it was ages ago - I forget who else was in the group at the time! lol

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Spook went on to code games in the USA from what I heard. Heard he did the 3D bit in Jurassic Park on the SNES (for example)

Been in contact with dextrous (now Yaz) a few years ago. I don't have a current email address for him though. It was yaz@yazbo.demon.co.uk but it seems to be dead now.
I have his old source disks though, along with some more recent music he has created if you are interested.

I know someone who is probably still in contact with him, so I can probably get his current email address if you want.

ITL

Post by ITL »

Spook went to the USA to code games? Good for him! He was a nice lad.

Thanks for the offer to get Dextrous' email addy - but I don't think he'd remember me anyway - so there's not much point! lol

But I would like to hear his music that you mentioned - nice one!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

ITL

Post by ITL »

Thanks!

:D