9 Lives: isolating MW channels

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

mihaelkyeah

9 Lives: isolating MW channels

Post by mihaelkyeah »

I have Workbench 3.1 installed on a virtual WinUAE machine, and in it I have DeliTracker installed.

I could open the cust.intro module with it, although it wouldn't let me see or edit each channel activity separately (lest "cust" isn't actually a module format but an audio compression type). The thing is, I can't open the mw.title module. It's a Martin Walker format module, I know that much, but I thought that DeliTracker was meant to open all types of modules supported by the UADE playback plugin (including Martin Walker modules). How do I get it to work?

I also have an Amiga/Workbench program called Perverted which is meant to convert Amiga modules into more compatible ProTracker ones; I couldn't install it. Using lha to extract the Perverted archive in Workbench's command prompt (Shell) gave me an error.

Is there any way I can isolate the channels of this module or maybe even rip samples from it too?

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

BuZz
Site Admin

Re: 9 Lives: isolating MW channels

Post by BuZz »

Try and install http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/EP_MWalker

you won't be able to convert the module with any tool that I know of.

the Deli 14bit genie is able to save out samples, and may be able to mute channels also. http://dump.platon42.de/files/Deli14BitGenie.lha (Or delitracker might have another way of muting channels)

mihaelkyeah

Re: 9 Lives: isolating MW channels

Post by mihaelkyeah »

Thank you very much! :clap:

I won't be using this for 9 Lives' main theme though because I already made a Mega Drive cover of it by ear and published it. ^^; However, I'll keep it at hand for other non-ProTracker modules. :mrgreen: