How To Get Deliplayer To Work With; (Valid Necromancy Ahoy!)

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Titler

How To Get Deliplayer To Work With; (Valid Necromancy Ahoy!)

Post by Titler »

Hi all,

I've just swapped from WinAmp and the SC68 plugin to Deliplayer in order to play a wider range of Amiga music, and I've searched the forums, and I believe I need plugins to get the following music to work properly under Deli...

Lemmings / Oh No More Lemmings!
Wings

New Zealand Story won't play the JD file, and the custom is only the introductory jingle.

However, none of the links to files to go into \amigaplayer seem to work, renaming sjs.intro etc into intro.sjs doesn't seem to help Lemmings either, and www.modland.com which someone else suggested appears to be currently down. Could someone point me to the correct plugins for the above 3 game musics, please?
Last edited by Titler on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

-- you cant escape Muerto --

Coma

Post by Coma »

www.modland.com is not only "currently down" but "eternally down". :)
The ftp server on the other hand is alive and well.

Titler

Post by Titler »

Ahah! More fool me for not realising that The Man With The Flag On His Willy might mean an ftp site! Thanks for the proper address, and I'll give that zip a whirl!

Coma

Post by Coma »

Just remember that it will probably lead to trouble if you just dump all the players in your current player dir. Either implant just the one you need or switch your whole amigaplayers folder for the zipped one.

Titler

Post by Titler »

Ok, I've deleted the old AmigaPlayer folder, replaced it with said zip, but whilst the second NewZeland Story file plays, the Lemmings "Songs" and Wings "cin.ingame_xx" both give an error message of

....\ was idenitfied as 'Play680x0' but is invalid.

I don't mind too much about Lemmings, as it now includes versions which do work, but no Wings music at all still, which I'd like to have :) So does anyone know what is blocking this now?

Thanks for all the help so far!

MysticMoon

Lemmings

Post by MysticMoon »

With Lemmings you need to extract the LHA into a folder, as it contains two subfolders with the songs and samples in, which are not parsed correctly in Deli by just loading the lha directly.

Structure of lha :

Lemmings\Songs\
Lemmings\Instruments\
Lemmings\CUST.Lemmings

Then you can open the CUST.Lemmings file in Deli and it will load the samples and songs properly and play. Every piece of music is a subsong.

Hope this helps!

MM;

ps. You can actually drag Lemmings.lha into the playlist window and it works also, but it also loads each every file into the playlist, which don't play (only the CUST does).

ps2. The Lemmings custom module causes a Guru Meditation if played with XMPlay/Delix, so Deliplayer is the only way to play it with windows.

Titler

Post by Titler »

Hi again!

Well, I already had the .lha extracted, and those two folders exist, under "older_custom_version", along with a third called "Custom_Version". However when I just play the individual file called "cust" it only plays the main Lemmings theme. I am still getting the error for the other songs, no matter how I load them into Deli Player... and the sjs.xxx still work, of course.

No Wings solution yet though... anyone? Thanks!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The custom loads the song files. Don't load the song files directly. Just play the cust. file. To play the next tune, use the subsong skip button in deliplayer. I'm not sure, but maybe it's not an obvious button though as other people have asked about this before

(this could all be rubbish though as its from memory) :-)

MysticMoon

Post by MysticMoon »

Hi, I've just extracted the Unexotica Lemmings.lha into a dir, heres how to play -

In Deli, open \Lemmings\Custom_Version\cust.Lemmings
This will load in the songs and play. They are sub-songs, so use the + and - keys to change subsong.

The older version in \Lemmings\Older_Custom_Version\cust.Lemmings also works, again using subsongs.

For some reason, subsong 22 (xmas) doesn't seem to work in the new version?? (just silence) Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Now, onto Wings.. none of the cin. song files seem to play in Deli, however they work fine using XMPlay with the Delix plugin; so I guess its a Deliplayer issue.

Have fun,

MM;

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Based on this discussion I decided to do some investigating...

DeliPlayer will struggle to recognise the correct player for certain formats due to clashes with certain other players (don't know which). :shock:

So, I removed all the players from the AmigaPlayers folder and the went through each format on UnExoticA and one-by-one re-added and tested only those players.

The result is that this page contains all you need to get everything on UnExoticA to play on DeliPlayer. Any players not necessary for the UnExoticA formats are contained in the archive in a subdirectory called Storage.

IIRC, the only minor issue at the moment is with certain Jochen Hippel tunes, but that's one format out of the many. :?

Wings works, Newzealand Story works and Lemmings (all versions) works too.
Last edited by XtC on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers!

Titler

Post by Titler »

Firstly XTC, thank you so much for taking the time to go through all the players for us. I apologise for taking so long to get back to this thread however!

Secondly I now have an ALMOST fully functioning Deliplayer :) But I think there are a few problems with some of the music remaining. Can you check the following please? With instructions you kindly gave, I have the following issues...

1.) New Zealand Story still does not play correctly, "cust.NewzealandStory" plays the introductory Jingle, but then is silent for 4 minutes.

2.) Cannon Fodder 2, "rip.Killer" is completely blank. This has worked in the past under Deliplayer but now oddly does not.

3.) Shadow Of The Beast, "dw.Game_Over" & "dw.Intro" play correctly, but the remaining 4 tracks all play the same small jingle (In game, it's the tune which plays for 8 seconds after you die). I've got an sc68 version of Shadow Of The Beast which plays correctly in WinAmp 5 but only as a single 26 odd minute track. Any ideas why Deli doesn't like those tracks?

Thanks once more for your patience and help!

mld

Post by mld »

it seems at least rjp.killer and your dw.shadow_of_the beast "problem" is about advancing to the other subsong. I don't (and won't) use dp2, so I cant say for sure how to do it, but check if you can switch to the other subsongs manually somehow

E.g. for the cannon fodder 2 theme, the song is at subsong 1 (subsong 0 is empty)
the same is true for the ingame tunes of sotb (the jingle is at 0, the song is at subsong 1)

I can't check new zealand story atm. I forgot where I put it... *g* Seems to be my advancing age... (btw. happy birthday Buzz:-)
I know it's lying around somewhere on my HD...

mld/uade team

Titler

Post by Titler »

mld wrote:it seems at least rjp.killer and your dw.shadow_of_the beast "problem" is about advancing to the other subsong. I don't (and won't) use dp2, so I cant say for sure how to do it, but check if you can switch to the other subsongs manually somehow
Yes, this is indeed the problem for all of them, I can right click each individual track and swap to the subsong and play them correctly... now to just work out how to leave them flagged as the subsong in my Amiga playlist...!

ChrisNZ

Re: How To Get Deliplayer Beta To Work With...

Post by ChrisNZ »

Titler wrote:Hi all,

I've just swapped from WinAmp and the SC68 plugin to Deliplayer in order to play a wider range of Amiga music, and I've searched the forums, and I believe I need plugins to get the following music to work properly under Deli...

Lemmings / Oh No More Lemmings!
Wings

New Zealand Story won't play the JD file, and the custom is only the introductory jingle.

However, none of the links to files to go into \amigaplayer seem to work, renaming sjs.intro etc into intro.sjs doesn't seem to help Lemmings either, and www.modland.com which someone else suggested appears to be currently down. Could someone point me to the correct plugins for the above 3 game musics, please?
You can get wings in Mp3 format here http://chrisnz.com/wings-amiga-music-mp3s/ http://chrisnz.com/wings-amiga-music-mp3s/

I've just finished recording this one.

Cheers
Chris