Is the "Masterblazer" .LHA file corruputed?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Amiga_Ripper_MOD

Is the "Masterblazer" .LHA file corruputed?

Post by Amiga_Ripper_MOD »

I download the Masterblazer .LHA file from the UnExoticA. But it's like the "Dynamite Dux" one.

What should I do? All my options are O.K. :(

Amiga_Ripper

Coma

Post by Coma »

Neither this nor other archives on Exotica are corrupted (I hope...). Use an unpacker with better LhA support. WinRAR 3.20 (and later) works if you use Windows. Just tested this archive with it.

This is a recurring question and apparently a problem for many. Hey Buzz, maybe it's time to abandon LhA and step into the 21st centu... right. Filenotes. Sorry. 8)

Amiga_Ripper_MOD

Post by Amiga_Ripper_MOD »

I don't have words to describe.... :oops: :?

Coma

Post by Coma »

Unpack it before playing it. Otherwise it's impossible to know if you have a problem with the archive, or with your TFMX player, or both.

XtC

Post by XtC »

...and please make sure you are using the latest players from Don Adan / Wanted Team as the TFMX format has a new replayer than that bundled with DeliPlayer. That will be the reason why it recognised the format but thinks that it is corrupt...
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Coma wrote:This is a recurring question and apparently a problem for many. Hey Buzz, maybe it's time to abandon LhA and step into the 21st centu... right. Filenotes. Sorry. 8)
Bad players aren't a good enough reason to stop using the LhA format. :wink:

DeliPlayer and XMPlay seem to handle LhA archives well enough - but it's up to the person using the software to make sure they have the latest replayers installed - and I believe with the replayers archive I put together, I've made it very easy for someone to do this... :roll:

Or maybe I haven't?
Cheers!