Unexotica for Demo's?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

alexh

Unexotica for Demo's?

Post by alexh »

The other day I lost some of my fav tunes to a mixture of bad use of the hdtoolbox and floppy disk rot (ok so perhaps I should have backed up to optical by now) anyhow most of the tunes were from demo's and I had no idea which musician created them, what format etc. Just what demo / intro / Cracktro they came from.

E.G. The Cracktro to Floor13 had some cool C64 conversions I'd ripped, the intro to TSL card demo (with the masturbating 3d object) again, just had the file under "mod.tslcarddemo".

I think it would be cool to try to get an index similar to Unexotica but for Demos, Intros and Cracktros. I'll throw in an hour here and there for ya..

What ya fink?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Great idea. Actually we started this some years ago, but I don't think it will be launched untill he new exotica goes live

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/Authors/Demo/

zeg

Post by zeg »

We have made something similar. example.
http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/demo.php?id=8737

Download links will be added step by step.

bye bye

alexh

Post by alexh »

@BuZz

It would have to be able to be sorted by Demo Name as I aint going to know / remember who the artists were.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Well the front end would be like unexotica, so you can browse by name, author, group etc. This is just the backend which is by author same as unexotica is.

MysticMoon

Post by MysticMoon »

This would a great addition to the site! All it needs is a neat name.. something catchy but covering the unified themes of Demo, Intro, Cracktro etc.. Xtro?
:)
MM;

XtC

Post by XtC »

I think the naming for the demo section died a death.

It looks like the complete collection is called 'UnExoticA' and will contain two directories - 'Game' and 'Demo'.
Cheers!