"Magic Marble" tunes. Please?

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Amiga_Ripper_MOD

"Magic Marble" tunes. Please?

Post by Amiga_Ripper_MOD »

Can anyone get the Magic Marble tunes (intro tune,and 2 other that appers in the same levels)

I try to use ProTracker,but it didn't work as I expected.

I post also this topic HERE but nobody answers me :cry:

Any help :(

MysticMoon

Post by MysticMoon »

I dumped the chip ram in fellow and had a look with exotic ripper 3.3.

It thought it had found Possible Old SoundTracker module (2A). mod.dlori.

This file seems ok, samples all there etc, but it will not play in Deli-PC, XMPlay. WinAmp plays it really messy/wrong. MadTracker plays it, again the samples are messy/wrong.

I'm thinking the module needs correcting somehow, perhaps the samples are played different thanks to a modified play routing in the game?

MM;

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

It's a messy one to rip. I encountered something like this when trying to rip Predator. :roll:

In the end, I had to ask Don Adan to rip it. :wink:
Cheers!

asle

Post by asle »

uh .. some1 spares me the search please ?. Via PM if it make anyone feel better :D. Or email (asle at free point fr)

Cya

Ok, forget it :). Found a crked version (beuu). Anyway, since the cracker made some mess around, I'm not sure about the original behaviour of the whole prog. Anyway
- it's an unreadable disk
- 3 Tetrapack 2.2 subfiles found (without header)
- 1 MegaCruncher subfile found (cracktro)
- 2 PP subfiles found (one contains this 'dlori' STK)
- 2 header of STK found
- some samples found

And that's it. All done at disk level .. didn't tried memory yet.
The pb encountered with the 'dlori' STK is that it got a far too big patternlist and hex-editing it by removing the extra data (pasting some 00h instead of the actual values) does the trick. I don't like it at all, but the game replay does indeed load the number of patterns set and not the ones beyond.
So, first, here's the "patched" STK and the sub PP files where it comes from :
http://asle.free.fr/magicmarble%20zik1.zip
I'll see to reassemble the two other ones.

Cya,
Sylvain

edit: fixed dlink :)
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Amiga_Ripper_MOD

asle wrote: So, first, here's the "patched" STK and the sub PP files where it comes from :
http://asle.free.fr/magicmarble%20zik1.zip

Opsss....that isn't the song that I look for.

--> Main Title theme

--> Level 1 tune

asle

Post by asle »

err .. well, I did the joining (splitted the big sample file and reattributted each sample to each header), but the result sounds very wrong. I mean, it's slow ... and missing a lot of patterns. I then ran the game to hear that, indeed, the speed is something else :?: . Now, what ?. I'm at a loss right now as to what should be done. I'll double check when I got more time, but I think there's something I missed, obviously. Maybe this too big patternlist should tell something.
Took about two hours to get here :(. *gee*, there was even a palette right in the middle of the samples ! ... . Also, some samples are corrupted ... and while I could easily point a finger at the cracker who edited the game text, that doesn't solve the main pb.
So, sorry for not providing the musics just now. I hope I'll eventually find the missing clue, somehow.

Cya,
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

asle

Post by asle »

ok, finally went back into it.
But first, as a side note, an unidentified source provided me an uncracked version of the game but it was a WHDLoad stuff and, in the end, it took me more time to sort out the 'disk.1' file (about 40k too big) and its chunks or whatever it was. *gee*.
Anyway, that was great help so thx whoever helped !.

So here are the musics from this game :
http://asle.free.fr/magic%20marble.zip

These should be handled as curiosity only !
Yep, I had to modify the files as the patterns were only 512 bytes long and the speed was F03 while it's not in the patterns. So, I guess that a custom is in order to be proper, but it's beyond me. So the only differencies are the pattern lists, the order of the pattern data and this F03 set speed.
I've included the credit I've found in the game as there are two authors for these (one for the intro and the other for the rest).
Note that the file 'mod.game mucke' _does_ contain subsongs, but, heh, it's old Soundtracker and D** didn't exist :). That's another reason for a custom I guess.

Ok, that's it.
Cya
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Amiga_Ripper_MOD

THANK YOU asle!

They are perfect! ^_^