New site with Amiga Tunes in Mp3 format

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

ChrisNZ

New site with Amiga Tunes in Mp3 format

Post by ChrisNZ »

Hi all, would just like to let the amiga fans out there know that I have been recording music from the amiga in Mp3 format. Already I have a collection of aprox 45 mp3s to download. More songs to follow.

The current list of tunes I have are as follows:
Download or preview the tunes here

http://chrisnz.com/amiga-music-mp3s/

Flashback
Blood Money
Gods
F/A 18 Interceptor
Shadow of the Beast 1 & 2
Pinball Dreams
Speed Ball 1 & 2
Silkworm
SWIV
Wings of Fury
Wings
Cannon Fodder
Another World
Monkey Island 2
Lotus 1 & 2
Turrican 1 & 2
Total Recall

Enjoy!

P.S What other tunes are worthwhile in Mp3 format?

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

How are you recording these? Are they from a real Amiga?
Cheers!

ChrisNZ

Post by ChrisNZ »

From my amiga to stereo in, recorded straight to mp3 and later edited with soundforge in most cases. Otherwise, WinUAE emu - recording to mp3.

You will have trouble hearing the difference between the mp3s and the real thing.

I hope at someone will like my efforts to have amiga music in modern Mp3 format........

Nearing 1500 downloads already, I think yes :)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Best of luck with the collection, it is a good idea for those that don't want the hassle of tracking down players, replayers and the actual modfiles. Of course, the overall collection size will be huge! ;-)

ChrisNZ wrote:From my amiga to stereo in, recorded straight to mp3 and later edited with soundforge in most cases. Otherwise, WinUAE emu - recording to mp3.
That sounds like you are encoding to MP3, then editing and then resaving as MP3. Are you aware that re-encoding an MP3 definitely reduces the quality?

Just wondering if you were also aware of...Image

They stream game music (not just Amiga) and use non-compressed music sourced from the real machines rather than emulation. If you can spare the time and bandwidth, perhaps you could get in contact with them and provide more Amiga soundtracks?
Cheers!