AMIGA MODS FROM RANDOM ACCESS

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Groove

AMIGA MODS FROM RANDOM ACCESS

Post by Groove »

Hi,

I made many tunes for Random Access (Dutch Amiga group) in the good old days of the Amiga.

I made the known tunes like:

* Paranoimia
* Humanoid (Stacker Humanoid)
* Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal
* Teardrops
* Wavicalistic (the FIRST tune on Amiga using short wave sounds,
created with Soundtracker).

These Tunes I still own.

Allthough I lost ALL my other tracks.....

Is there anyone outthere that can help me to getmy music collection back??

I do remember that Random Access once created 4 floppy discs with my music on it.....

But any other tune U can find me, is ofcourse welcome!

Check this link to download the tunes I just refered to:

http://www.themework.nl/Amiga/index.html

Thanks,

Olivier van Liempt
Netherlands

Groove

Post by Groove »

Dear Richard,

I got your mail, but the thing is that your Email adress seems to be unknown, since I got this maildeamon delivery back telling me te mailadress u where using isn't available.

Please reply to me again.

This is what I wrote:

Hello Richard,

The tunes are made with sound & protracker only. Never used anyother.

hmmm.. I really can't say how i named the tunes....

I do remember one beeing called like "Scary but fun" and "Rocking"......

Most of the tunes where purposed for real games and nothing like the ones you appearently listened to on the little webpage I created.

Random Acces made some sort of "Tribute to" discs for me & others to remember me :-) They put every tune I made on those discs.

As a mather in fact it where 2 discs I guess. There is also one disc that include the tunes I have on the little webpage. I am not refering to that one though.

I left Random Access in 1990... I had other purposes for my music.

Also Bamiga Sector One used some of my music in their intro's.

It's awesome that the Amiga comunity is still alive and Kicking!

Thanks for your message and I will hope to heara from you soon again.

I might find a list of the songs and then I will get in contact with you!

(please send me the modfile list)

I will also track The DJ from Fashion for you here.

asle

Post by asle »

what was you handle back then ?

ok, found this : http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detai ... &view=6001
Can you confirm it's you ?.

Cya
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Groove

Post by Groove »

asle wrote:what was you handle back then ?

ok, found this : http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detai ... &view=6001
Can you confirm it's you ?.

Cya
Hi I checked that page.

Smooth Criminal Instrumental mix is made by me. It isn't created by Python Productions. It's made by me for Random Access.

I think Python used it for some reason. As I remember well, some of my tunes got used by American / German / Belgium & French groups too...
(without refering to us or Random Access).

The other songs on python's list I didn't create.

Thanks for searching!

By the way: I noticed someone "claimed" this tune too as to be his:

smoothcriminal Amadeus MOD 92Kb 15 .. It's totaly the same, only he covered that up using a diff intro.... :-)

http://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=79826
http://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?view=203

NOT HIS :lol:

We didn't have a Handle back then.. We then worked for Random Access.

These days we are called "Themework".

asle

Post by asle »

this site is AMP which I'm maintaining. I really would like to fix all the mess you report, save that I still don't know what was your nickname back then.
I'll even replace the MODs with the ones you've provided on your website... I just need a name :).

Cya

[edit]
woaw .. just read you last sentence saying you didn't have a nick back then. Sorry. I'll had you in AMP and fix what's wrong :).

Sorry.

[edit #2]
These days we are called "Themework".
just who is/are Themework. Did they have anything to do with the Amiga back in the days ?. last, might I impose to you send to fill up an interview form for AMP ?. Just asking .. mind :). I won't hold gruges if you don't have time :). In any case, it's here : http://amp.dascene.net/downcount.php?idx=3

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

Groove

Post by Groove »

Well, I am very pleased to hear that you want to fix up the things.

The text files you have send me are corrupted, or I don;t know how to open them. So Maybe you don;t mind if I tell you something about me this way.

My first encounter with the Amiga was back in 1987. Since then the word "READY." means a lot to me... :lol:

After my brother introduced Soundtracker to me, I set my goals to become a game music "programmer". I took my chances when a Dutch Amiga Group called "Random Acces" got interested in my tunes.

I also created some tunes & soundeffects for some fairly unknown (dutch) games like LINGO and typemaster..... LMAO!!

You know... as a musician, I wanted tot get as close as I could fixing real tunes. Music with a meaning. Also I only wanted to use "Live" instruments. No synthsounds etc....

I left the Amiga scene around 1990 or somewhat after that, because I had other means with my music. I was afraid to loose my creativity if I would continue creating tunes I didn't want to mak. (the analogue beeping -bad for the ears tunes - if you know what I mean. :wink: ) To bad the Amiga scene got poisened by these tunes. The thing is, an easy program to create music, doesn't make you a real musician. I.o.w. Using a calculator doesn't make U a mathematic teacher :wink:

After I left RA I have been quite busy with Live music on stage. I travelled through Europe, also Russia came along the route. I played on festivals etc. with my Jazzrock fusion band.

After that I got involved into the pop/rock music scene... After hopping around there for a while I found my way into the World Music scene.
I became the bassplayer in a Turkish/Western music band. (DILAN)
We created pop/rock/funk rock music with a little Turkish Flavour and also played around in Europe on known festivals (Mundial festival) and also Dutch concerthalls like "De Melkweg", "Paradiso", "Doornroosje" etc.

These days (as a hobby) I am now starting up a recording studio and Music & soundeffect engineering studio. (www.themework.nl) I also created some music for ballet & musicals since then.

Nowadays I only play some games on Amiga using the Amiga Emulator.