How To Get UnExoticA Formats To Work On DeliPlayer

Discussion about Amiga / C64 / Demoscene music and the ExoticA music archive. Favourite music, new rips, musicians, demo sounds, audio software. It's all welcome here.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

XtC

How To Get UnExoticA Formats To Work On DeliPlayer

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

About time I added this to the forum rather than host it myself! :wink:

For those that want an easy way to play all the music available on UnExoticA, all you have to do is download this Zip archive and keep it somewhere safe until you've followed these simple instructions: -
  • Check you have the latest version of DeliPlayer installed (currently v2.50 beta 1).
    To check the version whilst DeliPlayer is running, click the right mouse on the Image tray icon and select Help then About & Links.

You should see the following: -
    Deli_About.png
    Deli_About.png (10.76 KiB) Viewed 17579 times
    If your version is not 2.50 then you need to install the latest version.

Once you have the latest version installed, you now need to sort the players out, so make sure DeliPlayer isn't running before carrying out the rest of these instructions.

Typically, DeliPlayer will be installed on the C: drive where all your other programs are installed. Open Windows Explorer and browse to...
    • C:\Program Files\DeliPlayer2
    You should see something similar to this: -
    Folder_Listing.png
    You now need to delete both the AmigaPlayers and players folders as highlighted below: -
    Folder_Listing_2.png

Now you need to extract the Zip archive you downloaded earlier into the DeliPlayer2 folder. If done correctly, you should now see both the AmigaPlayers and players folders again.

Load up DeliPlayer and you should now be able to play practically all the formats available on UnExoticA. :roll:
History
  • 2006-08-01 - initial release, crowd goes wild! :airguitar:
Last edited by XtC on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Sengoku

Post by Sengoku »

:shock: Awesome !

Thanks XtC your work is excelent :D

sun

nice player

Post by sun »

hi nice player to use the website.

Schlicky

Re: How To Get UnExoticA Formats To Work On DeliPlayer

Post by Schlicky »

Real shame Deliplayer is no longer being developed :cry:
~ Nothing is more powerful then a bad idea whose moment has come ~

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

I've amended my original post to contain the instructions rather than linking of to my website with the instructions.

I should try and update the archive with the additional replayers Don Adan has created during the last 3 years since I first created this! :shock:
Cheers!

Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Hi XtC, any progress on your archive? It's been years since I set up my own DP installation, and I don't think I'm up-to-date with the latest replayers from Don. There are some conflicts between built-in and external plugins (TFMX and Hippel come to mind) which I could never quite resolve.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!

Blimey! You're right, 5 years is a bit of a long time to wait for an update to this. :oops:

Don will have done even more new players and updates to the existing ones since I first started this.

Man, has it really been five years since I first did this? :?
Cheers!

Schlicky

Post by Schlicky »

6 now :mrgreen:
~ Nothing is more powerful then a bad idea whose moment has come ~

TEOL

Post by TEOL »

I've now got UADE to work on Windows with a Deliplayer GUI thanks to this tutorial UADE seems to work in Deliplayer by bunging in the contents from it's Players folder tot the Deli AMIGAPlayers folder if only someone shared their deli.key publicly now as it should be made public after original Deliplayer development bit the shark do to nobody being able to buy it anymore.

We can then finally have a new release using the current public lisence to our advantage called Deliplayer 2.5 Final exclusive to Exotica dropping the pro from it's name of course as the new deliplayers with UADE playback would be fully featured and free for everyone.

Yes, someone should ask the licenser who left the project if they can step in and make a new Deliplayer with UADE and Wanted Team Players making it bigger and better than before a reality using the pro version with key as a base as nobody should have to pay anymore as it would be based off of new freely available player sources.

The reason to have it done pro style is to get us the output feature on the new version.

Titler

Post by Titler »

I'm back... and Deliplayer isn't working again :P This time after upgrading to Win7.

So ok, I followed the advice above again. I installed v2.5 to C:Program Files(x86), making sure to run in admin mode and WinXP compatibility. I then deleted the two folders and unzipped the folders attached in this thread. However the following games' music don't work from a clean install as suggested, they all crash with a "... is not a known music/sound file" error:

* Another World
* Cannon Fodder
* Cannon Fodder 2
* Gunship 2000
* Lemmings - The named songs crash, cust.Lemmings will load a playlist and work, but won't load the track names.
* New Zealand Story - jd.Newzealandstory doesn't play
* Oh No More Lemmings!
* Sensible World Of Soccer 95
* Shadow Of The Beast
* Speedball
* Supaplex
* Tetris
* Wings
* Xenon
* Xenon 2

I seem to recall having this problem previously, but my earlier threads don't reveal the precise answer, and this lovely zip collection no longer seems to work. Does anyone know what the issue is please.