Lapsuus

Everything to do with the demo scene. Demos, Groups, Parties and Information, as well as news and opinions.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, menace

MrTickle

Lapsuus

Post by MrTickle »

Has anyone disassembled this thing to see if its an animation? It just looks soooo much like a compressed animation rather than realtime.

I'd like to believe its realtime, and I want to believe its realtime, but I just have this nagging doubt...

jPV

Re: Lapsuus

Post by jPV »

MrTickle wrote:Has anyone disassembled this thing to see if its an animation? It just looks soooo much like a compressed animation rather than realtime.
I believe the coders of it (I happen to hang on same irc channel ;), it's realtime. And IIRC it uses quite much the same engine that they (ex-MellowChips) used in Rise.

MrTickle

Post by MrTickle »

jPV wrote:
MrTickle wrote:Has anyone disassembled this thing to see if its an animation? It just looks soooo much like a compressed animation rather than realtime.
I believe the coders of it (I happen to hang on same irc channel ;), it's realtime. And IIRC it uses quite much the same engine that they (ex-MellowChips) used in Rise.
Ahh cool! Then I remain impressed :) The textures and scenes are really good. I normally hate all 3D demos, but the combination of very good lighting, textures, scenes, and composition make that demo very impressive indeed :)

reed

Post by reed »

MrTickle wrote:It just looks soooo much like a compressed animation rather than realtime.
That's the problem with demos these days. :wink:

Akira

Post by Akira »

I think Lapsuus is overrated. Zero design, shitty track,...

Then again, I preffer well designed demos (Melon) than perfectly executed but lame looking demos (Sanity)

Discuss :D
[edit] only good design bit abot Sanity was Cougar. he pixelled nice stuff..

zeg

Post by zeg »

Akira wrote:I think Lapsuus is overrated. Zero design, shitty track,...

Then again, I preffer well designed demos (Melon) than perfectly executed but lame looking demos (Sanity)

Discuss :D

[edit] only good design bit abot Sanity was Cougar. he pixelled nice stuff..
Then again, I preffer well designed demos (Andromeda) than perfectly executed looking demos (Andromeda)

Akira

Post by Akira »

_Solo_ at the EAB told me once:
Melon = good design, crap coding
Sanity = bad design, excellent coding
Melon+Sanity = Andromeda

:D

I like Andromeda.

Slummy

Post by Slummy »

Weeell, Andromeda didn't make that many great demos... Mind Riot and Nexus 7 were splendid, but in most of their other demos the effects&impact drowned in pastel-colours and flying design-vectors...

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Slummy wrote:Weeell, Andromeda didn't make that many great demos... Mind Riot and Nexus 7 were splendid, but in most of their other demos the effects&impact drowned in pastel-colours and flying design-vectors...
What about DOS, Sequential (Terrific demo!),
and great slideshows like seven seas?
Although pastel colours, it was the music in mirror which wade it terrific,
even though it had a lovely intro.

Slummy

Post by Slummy »

Well, in my opinion Mirror was the perfect musicdisc, except for the music itself which was incredibly boring. :)
D.O.S. was an ok demo for it's time, but not that impressive, and Sequential is just a collection of old routines (HeadX did most of the effects-code more than 1 year before the demo was released) wrapped in boring and uninspired design... (ofcourse I'm a bit harsh here. some of the parts are goodlooking, but in my opinion the demo was not a worthy winner of TG..)

MAD

Erk!

Post by MAD »

Hoya!

I like Melon Productions; it's not THAT an impressive a code but more of a third degree joke.

I have Andromeda's DOS and Nexus 7 which are nice.

And I REALLY like Sanity's Arte which is, IMHO, one of the best Amiga demos EVEr!

Talkingabout Sanity, yes Cougar is a TERRIFIC GFX-artis, but what about Jester and Moby??? :-)

Be funky

M A D
Truth is not Beauty.
Beauty is not Love.
Love is not Music.
Music is the Best.

Frank ZAPPA, Joe's Garage.

AMIGA
- The Computer with a Soul-