Amiga music-party in Oslo

Everything to do with the demo scene. Demos, Groups, Parties and Information, as well as news and opinions.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, menace

deslegumes

Amiga music-party in Oslo

Post by deslegumes »

:idea: Being very nostalgic, me and a couple of friends/sceners were wondering about renting a club in Oslo and go wild there with old Amiga/C64-music all night long...(oh no, that's not nerdnight at all... 8)
It would be nostalgia all the way. For those of you familiar with modules (with the forum being on exotica, that may be all), the sound-quality of the 4-channel Amiga-modules would probably sound good enough, but the actual chip-tunes would maybe not be played, remixes can be used.
Anyway, I'm now probing the "terrain" sort of here, because we would need to know how many people are interested, and how many would actually turn up?
I just can't stop thinking about it when I'm in a club, how cool it would be to have lots of scene/demo/intro/game(?)/amiga-music from the speakers...u know, turrican 2, kefren's desert dream, drugstore, blueroom (stellar lights I believe), 4-mat chips, alien breed, bjørn lynne (dr.awesome), first samurai...the list goes on...

Now, what will it be?
Please reply if you are the least bit interested... 8)
- des legumes -

frz_scc

Re: Amiga music-party in Oslo

Post by frz_scc »

deslegumes wrote::idea: Being very nostalgic, me and a couple of friends/sceners were wondering about renting a club in Oslo and go wild there with old Amiga/C64-music all night long...(oh no, that's not nerdnight at all... 8)
It would be nostalgia all the way. For those of you familiar with modules (with the forum being on exotica, that may be all), the sound-quality of the 4-channel Amiga-modules would probably sound good enough, but the actual chip-tunes would maybe not be played, remixes can be used.
Anyway, I'm now probing the "terrain" sort of here, because we would need to know how many people are interested, and how many would actually turn up?
I just can't stop thinking about it when I'm in a club, how cool it would be to have lots of scene/demo/intro/game(?)/amiga-music from the speakers...u know, turrican 2, kefren's desert dream, drugstore, blueroom (stellar lights I believe), 4-mat chips, alien breed, bjørn lynne (dr.awesome), first samurai...the list goes on...

Now, what will it be?
Please reply if you are the least bit interested... 8)
Actually, Mikeri and I have been discussing a smiliar concept for some time now. If you're able to locate a appropriate and
affordable location, please let me know :) ( u can get in touch with us via www.shish.org )
frz // shish cracking crew