demondownload.dk needs your help!

Everything to do with the demo scene. Demos, Groups, Parties and Information, as well as news and opinions.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, menace

AGS

demo database

Post by AGS »

Hi,

i am the programmer of the new zegdbsite http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/ . i would like to link from and to exotica, where it makes sense.
mobilis in mobili

zeg

Re: demo database

Post by zeg »

AGS wrote:Hi,

i am the programmer of the new zegdbsite http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/ . i would like to link from and to exotica, where it makes sense.
And what about to have got the complete php interface inbetween the exotica site?
With the well known exotica gfx, and design. And links to the exotic tunes. Hmm :)

bye bye
zeg

AGS

Post by AGS »

demos and intros are not exotic in general. some sound formats are. exotica has developed over its definition in the games area, giving boxpics for any games and such but i wont support this direction. its good to have a separate site that can be maintained by a separate person. this is the safe and comfortable way. in addition i like to make some profit out of the traffic, just enough to pay my hosting bill.
Last edited by AGS on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mobilis in mobili

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

ExoticA is just a name rather than a definition.

However, the next generation of exotica will be updateable by anyone. At that point should you want to merge with the site it could be done, whilst you still have editorial control.

AGS

Post by AGS »

who is going to code this? i am absolutely new to php and just made the kestra site out of nothing. its a wonder that it works and i want to keep this brilliant success alife as long as possible. the kestra site purpose is to make editing as easy as possible. in this state of the zegdb project this is what we need. a more scenic userinterface can be done later.
mobilis in mobili

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

AGS wrote:who is going to code this?
it will be a wiki with customised areas. Based on Mediawiki. I will be doing some coding, along with Kyzer (Who made the unexotica interface).

AGS

Post by AGS »

and you and kyzer are definitely going to implement a subsystem for zegdb?
mobilis in mobili

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Well, we could. Or we could just integrate your system? But that's only if you wanted it to be on our site. I'm also quite happy to link to your page.

AGS

Post by AGS »

@zeg: ok, lets link to exotica in two ways: first, to the soundfiles themselfes (i expect lha archives with descriptions in them, correct me if its different). second, to the game info in the gallery from our info field or a proper new field.

@buzz: can the games in the gallery be addressed individually?
mobilis in mobili

asle

Post by asle »

just found that in the prod http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/demo.php?id=16081 the code should be by Vince, not Vincie :). At least, it's 'Vince' that is written in the header of Double Action 1.0 EXEs.
I got hundred of updates to submit. Tell me how I could do. By update, I mean additional information regarding already input prods. So, is there a somewhere to submit things ?.

Kind regards,
Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

AGS

Post by AGS »

(you) contact zeg and ask for permission / password. if they dont answer, ask me.
mobilis in mobili

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

The old games gallery cannot be addressed easily individually. its just flat html. the box scans can be as they are of course just jpg.

The new development exotica does not have any inforamtion about the games. just the scans. but the information could be added to each image as the wiki has a page for each image where you can freely edit information.

As I guess you already know, exotica is currently hosting the images for the demo database. I would be happy to host the rest if you want also. Let me know.

asle

Post by asle »

AGS wrote:(you) contact zeg and ask for permission / password. if they dont answer, ask me.
he's either lost in space or on holidays :). If you have news from him before me, pass the word :) thx.

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

what about converting it all to the exotica wiki system ?

Could be merged somehow perhaps with the scenery stuff or added in a separate namespace?