demondownload.dk needs your help!

Everything to do with the demo scene. Demos, Groups, Parties and Information, as well as news and opinions.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, menace

demondownload_dk

demondownload.dk needs your help!

Post by demondownload_dk »

As of the 1st of January 2006, we have launched a new tribute site to the old school Amiga scene... www.demondownload.dk

So far it's been a lot of hard work and we have still several ideas that needs to be realised, and this is why we need your help...
If you would like to help us review some of the good old classics, then please write me at canine@demondownload.dk

Thanks!

/Canine

asle

Post by asle »

Hi there,

Your project sounds somewhat interresting, and ambitious. Several questions pop to mind while surfing this new web site of your.
- what's the link with Exotica when you mention "powered by Exotica" since there's no music (nor link) to music files ?. just curious 8)
- be prepared for troubles when you'll deal with the groups that have the same names ;).
- are you planning to link to musics someday ?. If so, we AMP (http://amp.dascene.net) might be interrested (yes, I'm there too ;)). I'm working with Zeg list at the moment to build an almost similar DB, but, like everything else, things take time :(.
- Last, I like to know when some1 uses the snapshots I did .. not that it's forbidden .. just that it's nice to know ... . But putting BAD in the links is a way to thank me :? . Oh well, who cares anyway ?.

Kind regards,
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

zeg

Post by zeg »

Hello asle.

Have a look. We have arranged some first steps based on the demolist.
http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/demos.php?mode=added

And, we have got more than 12000 infos already.
If you want to help. please let me know.
bye bye
zeg

asle

Post by asle »

Hello Zeg ..

Woaw, woaw .. now, that's BIIIIIG. Congrats mate !. This really looks impressive. You want me to help ?, but how ?. Seems you're doing an outstanding job. But if you think I can add something, so , please, tell me !. I'll gladly give a hand.
I got tons of questions but, maybe two will do as a starter ;). What of links to the demos themselves ?. Sounds like the link is stored somewhere awaiting to be activated at a later date. Also, what of data of the demos (music/text/gfx) ?. Is there some plan ?.
Arg .. you can see I'm as bothersome as I can be. Well, keep in touch. This project of your is/will be clearly the most accomplished project of that kind.
Hats off.

Sylvain
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

zeg

Post by zeg »

[quote="asle"]Hello Zeg ..

Woaw, woaw .. now, that's BIIIIIG. Congrats mate !. This really looks impressive. You want me to help ?, but how ?. Seems you're doing an outstanding job. But if you think I can add something, so , please, tell me !. I'll gladly give a hand.
I got tons of questions but, maybe two will do as a starter ;). What of links to the demos themselves ?. Sounds like the link is stored somewhere awaiting to be activated at a later date. Also, what of data of the demos (music/text/gfx) ?. Is there some plan ?.

Yes, there will be download links for the music and the demos and possible for the gfx.
Like here. http://kestra.quicktunnels.net/demo.php?id=1871
It is not working 100%

bye bye

Coma

Post by Coma »

Something seems wrong with that module link... :wink:

> ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/protr ... es/mod.dns

zeg

Post by zeg »

Coma wrote:Something seems wrong with that module link... :wink:

> ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/protr ... es/mod.dns
Hello Coma.
Yes. :) I have not found that music in your archive. Well, the link is "damaged" for the moment.

bye bye

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I am happy to host all the mods. let me know

Jools

Coma

Post by Coma »

Just to clarify; I of course have nothing at all against linking to the mods at Modland.

zeg

Post by zeg »

Coma wrote:Just to clarify; I of course have nothing at all against linking to the mods at Modland.
As what i thought. Since i have already uploaded tonns of tunes to your server.

:)

asle

Post by asle »

Though, there's this policy to clarify. Will you, Zeg, point to a packed music file or to a converted file, or even the original if the composer provided it ?. We, AMP, don't store packed files, nor Modland for that matter. Say a NP2 if you need an example ;).

Regards,
Sylvain "Asle" Chipaux

zeg

Post by zeg »

[quote="asle"]Though, there's this policy to clarify. Will you, Zeg, point to a packed music file or to a converted file, or even the original if the composer provided it ?. We, AMP, don't store packed files, nor Modland for that matter. Say a NP2 if you need an example ;).

Hello Asle.

I will not have got the "protected" modules there. There should be only the original mods.
The sound replayer info will be there. Like Noisepacker, The Player, Propacker..
But only for information purposes.

bye bye
zeg

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

zeg wrote:
I will not have got the "protected" modules there. There should be only the original mods.
The sound replayer info will be there. Like Noisepacker, The Player, Propacker..
But only for information purposes.

bye bye
zeg
Noooo :( - Why is it that you wont store the packed module used in the demo/intro/etc??

- Your right when you say there´s information in the original ones, but not in those converted...

I think it´s a shame, really!, coders has spend hours on making packers, so they become smaller, undetectable, save rastatime etc....
- just curious, when you find a PP30 mod, you convert it, and then trash the PP30??? :?: :?: :( :( :( :(
-- you cant escape Muerto --

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Muerto wrote:Noooo :( - Why is it that you wont store the packed module used in the demo/intro/etc??
We won't trash the packed mods. The (currently tiny) demo section in the UnExoticA collection will host mods as ripped from the demos, just like the game section.

No evil conversions here! :twisted:

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/archive/Authors/Demo/
Cheers!

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

XtC wrote:Ey up!
Muerto wrote:Noooo :( - Why is it that you wont store the packed module used in the demo/intro/etc??
We won't trash the packed mods. The (currently tiny) demo section in the UnExoticA collection will host mods as ripped from the demos, just like the game section.

No evil conversions here! :twisted:

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/archive/Authors/Demo/
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
-- you cant escape Muerto --