Celebrating 20 years of Kick Off 2 this May

Discussion about Amiga games and gaming. However, please do not post requests for copyrighted software.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Steve1977

Celebrating 20 years of Kick Off 2 this May

Post by Steve1977 »

Anyone remember the classic that was Kick Off2 by Dino Dini and Steve Screech ? Ahead of its time back in the day and still enjoyed all over Europe by many today

Players from all over the UK will be meeting up in Birmingham on May 22nd 2010. We'll be hiring out a hotel conference room where we set up our Amiga hardware (yep, we're talking old skool gaming here) and play using KO2CV (Competition Version). This 1-day event will comprise a league where everyone plays everyone, a fun cup competition, big screen games and of course the crowning of the new UK Champion!

I'd like to invite you to this very special annual gathering. Players of all levels will be attending, some of whom play regularly and others not. Newcomers are very welcome too. First and foremost, its about having a laugh with friends who share an affection for the great game that is Kick Off 2.

If you ever were a KO2 fan, then you'll sure to love this! Find out more and join the fun by clicking here.

t may seem a bit daunting with the thought of meeting up with a load of strangers somewhere but if even if you have a mild interest then these tournaments are the one's to go for. Two people who are now regular hosts attended the 2005 UK Champs - were beaten soundly - but enjoyed the banter, games and being in the company of people who enjoyed a classic game and now? They'r now two of the best players in the country.

Steve1977

Re: Celebrating 20 years of Kick Off 2 this May

Post by Steve1977 »

Apologies but the event will be held on May 22nd 2010! Not October 2009 as the thread states.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Thanks for the info. I have corrected the date in your post also. Cheers!

PS I suck at football games :) but the Kick Off series was excellent, as was sensible soccer (Have I committed a sin by mentioning that in a Kick Off thread?) :D

Steve1977

Post by Steve1977 »

Not at all mate hehe

Cheers for correcting the thread title too. Know what you mean in sucking at football games. I think sometimes when people turn up and get beaten it puts them off attending again so to correct this we'r getting lots of new players coming and also having a seperate cup competition which is seeded.

Steve1977

Post by Steve1977 »

If you'r not doing anything this Saturday then you could do far worse than attend the 20th Anniversay of Kick Off 2. At least 2 players attending havent played in 15 years and more than half of the rest havent played in 12 Months.