This game is shrouded in mystery...

Discussion about Amiga games and gaming. However, please do not post requests for copyrighted software.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz

Esplin

This game is shrouded in mystery...

Post by Esplin »

I've been trying to remember the name of a game for months and months.

I don't remember it perfectly, but I remember that it involved firing a yellow laser through a level where you have to use different rotatable reflecting and refracting mirrors to get it in a certain path.

On the box, I remember two guys running at each other. One has a blue laser trail behind him, and the other has a yellow laser trail behind him - at-least I think those are the colors.

I think it may have been by Psygnosis.

Also, does anyone have that game that I believe was called Super Blob, where you play an orange blob who has to jump around the level, using certain powerups to change your abilities (not Globdule - I have that already)? If you have it, live in America, and are willing to sell or trade it, please e-mail me at agravlin@charter.net

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Esplin

Nevermind

Post by Esplin »

YAAAAAAAAY!

After months of searching, I finally found the game, thanks to this site.

I was wrong about all the details.

It was from Gremlin, the box had warriors in space holding mirrors, and the laser was blue.

That's the game... I can't believe I found it... I'm ecstatic.

Does anyone have this game, and would be willing to sell or trade it?

kyz

Re: This game is shrouded in mystery...

Post by kyz »

Esplin wrote:I've been trying to remember the name of a game for months and months.

I don't remember it perfectly, but I remember that it involved firing a yellow laser through a level where you have to use different rotatable reflecting and refracting mirrors to get it in a certain path.
Sounds like Mindbender.
Esplin wrote: Also, does anyone have that game that I believe was called Super Blob, where you play an orange blob who has to jump around the level, using certain powerups to change your abilities (not Globdule - I have that already)?
Sounds like Morph.

Check eBay, most Amiga games are there at one point or another.

Esplin

Post by Esplin »

Okay, four years later... and I'm continuing my last question.

For sure it's not Globdule or Morph. I remember those two. This was another one where you play an amorphous blob. I'm pretty sure it was a yellow blob of some sort, and I remember that you could climb onto other surfaces and attack enemies and such by stretching its body with the joystick.

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Esplin wrote:Okay, four years later... and I'm continuing my last question.

For sure it's not Globdule or Morph. I remember those two. This was another one where you play an amorphous blob. I'm pretty sure it was a yellow blob of some sort, and I remember that you could climb onto other surfaces and attack enemies and such by stretching its body with the joystick.
Is it "Putty", or the unfinished (demo only) "Putty Squad" ?
Cheers!

Zeb

Post by Zeb »

Deflektor sounds like your first game.

As for your second, Putty? Fury of the Furries?

I have both if you want them.

Esplin

Post by Esplin »

XtC wrote:Ey up!
Esplin wrote:Okay, four years later... and I'm continuing my last question.

Is it "Putty", or the unfinished (demo only) "Putty Squad" ?
Yes! It was Putty Squad. Why the heck was it never released? From what I can remember, it was freaking amazing. If I look through some of my boxes at home, I could probably find my old Amiga Power disc that had the demo, but if not, do you know where I could get it?

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Esplin wrote:Yes! It was Putty Squad. Why the heck was it never released? From what I can remember, it was freaking amazing. If I look through some of my boxes at home, I could probably find my old Amiga Power disc that had the demo, but if not, do you know where I could get it?
Codetapper wrote the WHDLoad install for this game, so it should still be available from his site...

http://zap.to/action/
Cheers!

old spacer

1st Game

Post by old spacer »

Hi there,

Was the 1st game "Rebel"?
I remember you drove a tank around a top-down level setting up mirrors and then you have to hit the fire button at the end so that, if you'd done it right, the laser would blast open the exit for you.

Cheers,