Thanks for keeping the Amiga legend alive.

Need some help with something you found on the site, or have an improvement ? Post it here. Feedback and ideas are always useful.

Moderators: XtC, BuZz, Coma

smoothchat

Thanks for keeping the Amiga legend alive.

Post by smoothchat »

It's great to see so many people keeping the Amiga legend alive.

Best regards to everyone.

Author: Audiomaster and Audio Engineer.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Is that the audiomaster software from years and years ago or a newer one ? The last I tried was Audiomaster 3 back on my a500 (I think)

smoothchat

Post by smoothchat »

Hello BuZz.

I wrote the original Aegis AudioMaster I, II, III, and then Oxxi's AudioMaster IV and RamScan Audio Engineer (Pro).

Yes it was a loooong time ago!

I have no relationship with any other application produced since.

I was delighted to see how XtC made such extensive use of the loop sequencing. I thought it was a pretty cool feature back in 1990-91 and he's done a great job getting whole tunes down to "floppy" size. Oh how I wish we had MP3 technology in those days ;-)

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Wow great. I used the sequencing function a few times back in the old days. But yeh. XtC loved his "mixes"

Thanks for making it possible!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

So. i had a vague recollection of making some sequenced stuff with audiomaster many years ago and though I would check some old disks. and.. Oh my. i was a lamer :D

Audiomaster 3 still works great on my a4000 with kickstart 3.1 and graphics card. Obviously a well coded program!

Does anyone know of a commandline 8svx player for amiga that supports the audiomaster sequenced stuff ? (I guess one came with audiomaster right ?)

So, who wants to hear what I created about 16 years ago? :)

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
smoothchat wrote:I was delighted to see how XtC made such extensive use of the loop sequencing. I thought it was a pretty cool feature back in 1990-91 and he's done a great job getting whole tunes down to "floppy" size. Oh how I wish we had MP3 technology in those days ;-)
Many thanks, wouldn't have been able to do it without AudioMaster. It took a few hours to sequence all that lot! :shock:

Maybe one day the IFF-8SVX player for DeliTracker will be updated to include sequenced samples, I've only been asking for about 10 years!
Cheers!

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
BuZz wrote:Does anyone know of a commandline 8svx player for amiga that supports the audiomaster sequenced stuff ? (I guess one came with audiomaster right ?)
Aye, one came with bundled with AudioMaster. There should be a player on one of my sequence disks if there was enough room on the disk.

:arrow: There is, it's on "Michael Jackson Sequences - 1992 - Unreleased"

BuZz wrote:So, who wants to hear what I created about 16 years ago? :)
I think it's only fair you should share your noise since I have! ;-)
Cheers!

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

ok ill share it but note that a) its from a bad tape recording - really bad sound quality and delta compressed b) it was for fun, not for release and c) its really really quite badly done ;-)

You may not like my taste in music either..

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I just checked out your stuff xtc. The 2 unlimited one was really well done. Too well done infact, that I feel even more ashamed of this effort.

http://www.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/exotica/samplecrap.adf

oh dear oh dear.. I still like the actual tune though, despite having some car troubles recently :D

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

XtC wrote: Maybe one day the IFF-8SVX player for DeliTracker will be updated to include sequenced samples, I've only been asking for about 10 years!
I think the train has come and left again.... nothing new for DP in a long time :( - maby you should ask DonAdan, i think he is the only active player developer left...
-- you cant escape Muerto --

XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Muerto wrote:I think the train has come and left again.... nothing new for DP in a long time :( - maby you should ask DonAdan, i think he is the only active player developer left...
I already have, a few years ago. I was just having a public whinge! :wink:
Cheers!

Muerto

Post by Muerto »

XtC wrote: I already have, a few years ago. I was just having a public whinge! :wink:
It´s ok, i also wish for a bunch of new (old) players for DT/DP!!!

ekx:
GPMO Packer
Crunch Player
-- you cant escape Muerto --